On 2020-03-05, at 11:53:40 +0100, Florian Westphal wrote: > Jeremy Sowden wrote: > > Kernel support for passing mask and xor values for bitwise boolean > > operations via registers allows us to support boolean binop's with > > variable RHS operands: XOR expressions pass the xor value in a > > register; AND expressions pass the mask value in a register; OR > > expressions pass both mask and xor values in registers. > > > > NB, OR expressions are converted to `(a & (b ^ 1)) ^ b` during > > linearization (in patch 9), because it makes both linearization and > > delinearization a lot simpler. However, it involves rearranging and > > allocating expressions after the evaluation phase. Since nothing > > else does this, AFAICS, I'm not sure whether it's the right thing to > > do. > > > > The patch-set comprises four parts: > > > > 1 - 7: some tidying and bug-fixes; > > I've pushed these to master, thanks. Thanks, Florian. J.