On Thu, Mar 19, 2020 at 07:19:13PM +0200, Andy Shevchenko wrote: > On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 05:49:24PM +0200, Andy Shevchenko wrote: > > There are few maximum bus frequencies being used in the I²C core code. > > Provide generic definitions for bus frequencies and use them in the core. > > > > The drivers may use predefined constants where it is appropriate. > > Some of them are already using these under slightly different names. > > We will convert them later to use newly introduced defines. > > > > Note, the name of modes are chosen to follow well established naming > > scheme [1]. > > > > These definitions will also help to avoid typos in the numbers that > > may lead to subtle errors. > > Wolfram, is any chance to get applied at least 1, 5 and 6 from this series? Yes, just make sure v4 is based on i2c/for-next to minimize merge conflicts.