On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 09:27:41AM +1100, Stephen Rothwell wrote: > Hi all, > > Today's linux-next merge of the tegra tree got conflicts in: > > drivers/phy/tegra/Kconfig > drivers/phy/tegra/xusb.c > > between commits: > > 5a00c7c7604f ("phy: tegra: xusb: Add usb-role-switch support") > 23babe30fb45 ("phy: tegra: xusb: Add usb-phy support") > d74ce0954cb2 ("phy: tegra: xusb: Add support to get companion USB 3 port") > 58e7bd08b569 ("phy: tegra: xusb: Add Tegra194 support") > > from the arm-soc tree and commit: > > f67213cee2b3 ("phy: tegra: xusb: Add usb-role-switch support") > e8f7d2f409a1 ("phy: tegra: xusb: Add usb-phy support") > 5a40fc4b934c ("phy: tegra: xusb: Add support to get companion USB 3 port") > 1ef535c6ba8e ("phy: tegra: xusb: Add Tegra194 support") > > from the tegra tree. > > These are slightly different patches (the latter has been rebased). > Also there are further commits affecting these files in the tegra tree. > > I fixed it up (I just used the version from the tegra tree) and can > carry the fix as necessary. This is now fixed as far as linux-next is > concerned, but any non trivial conflicts should be mentioned to your > upstream maintainer when your tree is submitted for merging. You may > also want to consider cooperating with the maintainer of the conflicting > tree to minimise any particularly complex conflicts. Olof, Arnd, There was a bit of back and forth on this because there happened to be a conflict with the USB tree. I tried to clarify this as replies to the PR request: http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/patch/1254523/ But I suspect you may have missed those replies. The bottom line is, there is a v2 of the pull request that has the patches that are now in the Tegra tree. That's already part of a PR that went in through the USB tree as a dependency to resolve the conflict. So as a result there should be no need for ARM SoC to carry that PR. But if you still want to merge it, please pull v2, which is here: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tegra/linux.git tags/tegra-for-5.7-phy-v2 Sorry for the confusion, Thierry