From: Marco Gaiarin <gaio@sv.lnf.it>
To: lartc@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: tc question about ingress bandwidth splitting
Date: Mon, 06 Apr 2020 09:13:31 +0000	[thread overview]

Mandi! Grant Taylor
  In chel di` si favelave...

> > Can you provide me some examples? Thanks.
> Sure?
> Add a veth interface (pair), bring the local one up, add an IP & subnet to
> it, enable forwarding.  Then on your remote system, add a route to the new
> veth subnet via the eth0 IP.
> The uncertainty above is that I doubt that this is what you're asking.

Local? Remote? really i don't understand...

> Please provide a hypothetical topology and I'll describe how it could be
> implemented with network namespaces and veth pairs.  (I don't know if you
> are asking for an ifb alternative or something else.)

Surely i ask for an IFB alternative...

As stated, all my interfaces in firewall have egress shaped on
the interface itself, while ingress are shaped into the companion ifb
intrfaces. This work, but not effectively as i wakt, because ifb
interfaces have not iptables/connmark and i can use only u32.

Because veth interfaces comes 'in pair', if i can link my WAN
interfaces to a veth pair, i can shape on egress on both interface,
considering that egress of one interface is ingress for the other (eg,
a pipe).

It is possible?