On Thu, Apr 09, 2020 at 04:17:22PM +0300, Georgi Djakov wrote: > On 4/8/20 15:17, Akash Asthana wrote: > > Can we centralize below logic of peak_bw selection for all the clients to ICC core? > I don't think this is a good idea for now, because this is very hardware > specific. A scaling factor that works for one client might not work for another. AIUI a driver can always override the setting if it's got a better idea. > My questions here is how did you decide on this "multiply by two"? I can imagine > that the traffic can be bursty on some interfaces, but is the factor here really > a "random number" or is this based on some data patterns or performance > analysis? The reason I'm pushing for this to go into the core is that the numbers seem to be just made up and not device specific at all (or at least there's a lot of devices with the same values).