On Thu, Apr 09, 2020 at 10:12:44PM +0800, Baolin Wang wrote: > On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 6:45 PM Mark Brown wrote: > > MMIO devices clearly don't physically have an update_bits() operation so > > this should be implemented further up the stack where it applies to all > > buses without physical support. > I understood your concern. But the syscon driver need use the MMIO > devices' resources (such as address mapping, clock management and so > on), if move this to further up stack, I am afraid the update_bits() > can not use the resources in 'struct regmap_mmio_context'. Do you have > any good suggestion? Thanks. If the syscon driver needs to be peering into the regmap implementation that seems like there's a serious abstraction problem - users of the regmap shouldn't be looking at the implmentation at all. Why do you think this is needed?