Hi Linus, On Thu, 9 Apr 2020 09:32:32 -0700 Linus Torvalds wrote: > > On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 5:55 AM Dmitry Vyukov wrote: > > > > linux-next is boot-broken for more than a month and bugs are piling > > onto bugs, I've seen at least 3 different ones. > > syzbot can't get any working linux-next build for testing for a very > > long time now. > > Ouch. > > Ok, that's not good. It means that linux-next has basically only done > build-testing this whole cycle. Well, there are other CI's beyond syzbot .. Does syzbot only build/test a single kernel arch/config? > Stephen, Dmitry - is there some way linux-next could possibly kick out > trees more aggressively if syzbot can't even boot? Of course that could be done if I knew that there were problems. From memory and my mail archives, I was only cc'd on 3 problems by sysbot since last November and they were all responded to by the appropriate maintainers/developers. Currently, when I am cc'd on reports, if they are also sent to who seem like the appropriate people, I just file the report assuming it will be dealt with. > Kicking trees out of linux-next and making noise if they cause syzbot > failures might also make some maintainers react more.. That may be true, but in some cases I have carried fixups/reverts/older versions of trees for quite some time before things get fixed. But at least if that happens, I do tend to remind people. -- Cheers, Stephen Rothwell