Hi, On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 12:23:13PM -0500, Rob Herring wrote: > On Mon, Apr 20, 2020 at 10:24 AM Arnd Bergmann wrote: > > > > On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 7:08 PM Rob Herring wrote: > > > > > > Enable building the VExpress power-off/reset driver as a module. > > > > Your change allows loading and unloading the driver, but actually > > unloading is a bug with the current implementation, as there is no > > 'release' handler to undo the _vexpress_register_restart_handler() > > function. > > And also to save and restore pm_power_off... I'm fine with providing Acked-by for this for merging through a different tree or taking it through my tree. > > It should not be hard to add a release handler, or you could just > > mark the function as non-unloadable by only having a module_init() > > but no module_exit() function. > > > > I suppose if you do the latter, there should also be a suppress_bind_attrs > > flag in the device_driver. This is a preexisting bug. > > I may just drop this patch. I wrote it and then realized I don't need > it as PSCI can be used instead. So is the driver useless on arm64 and depends can be reduced to arm32? -- Sebastian