On Wed, 13 May 2020 18:15:57 +0200 Sven Schnelle wrote: > Thanks for looking into this. I've attached my /proc/config.gz to this Mail. > The x86 system is my Laptop which is a Thinkpad X280 with 4 HT CPUs (so 8 cpus > in total). I've tried disabling preemption, but this didn't help. > > It's always this check that causes the loop: > > if (iter->head >= rb_page_size(iter->head_page)) { > rb_inc_iter(iter); > goto again; > } > > On the first loop iter->head is some value > 0 and rb_page_size returns > 0, afterwards it gets twice to this check with both values 0. The third > time the warning is triggered. Maybe that information helps. Letting it run long enough, I was able to trigger it. I think I know what's wrong with it. I'll put in some debugging to see if my thoughts are accurate. Thanks for bringing this back to my attention. -- Steve