On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 03:38:47PM -0700, Sui Chen wrote: > We're working on a GUI tool that allows the user to capture and visualize > BMC IPMI requests. > > The tool accepts 2 kinds of inputs: > 1) Load a DBus traffic dump file generated by dbus-monitor on the BMC > 2) Capture IPMI requests on the BMC -- the tool connects to the BMC > console by launching a program of the the user's choice (example: ssh or > telnet), then starts "dbus-monitor" on the BMC and checks its outputs for DBus > calls on the IPMI daemon and then draws the IPMI requests on the canvas > accordingly. > A screenshot is attached to illustrate what it does: > [image: scrnshot_compressed.png] Neat. I wonder if we can use this to analyse dbus messages with high amounts of latency (especially once that are infrequently latent) in order to better target which processes we should move towards async calls. -- Patrick Williams