On Sat, May 09, 2020 at 12:32:14AM +0800, Cindy Lu wrote: > From: Tiwei Bie > > Currently we have 2 types of vhost backends in QEMU: vhost kernel and > vhost-user. The above patch provides a generic device for vDPA purpose, > this vDPA device exposes to user space a non-vendor-specific configuration > interface for setting up a vhost HW accelerator, this patch set introduces > a third vhost backend called vhost-vdpa based on the vDPA interface. > > Vhost-vdpa usage: > > qemu-system-x86_64 -cpu host -enable-kvm \ > ...... > -netdev type=vhost-vdpa,vhostdev=/dev/vhost-vdpa-id,id=vhost-vdpa0 \ > -device virtio-net-pci,netdev=vhost-vdpa0,page-per-vq=on \ I haven't looked at vDPA in depth. What is different here compared to the existing vhost-backend.c kernel backend? It seems to be making the same ioctls calls so I wonder if it makes sense to share the vhost-backend.c kernel code? Stefan