From: Thierry Reding <thierry.reding@gmail.com>
To: "Uwe Kleine-König" <u.kleine-koenig@pengutronix.de>
Cc: linux-pwm@vger.kernel.org, kernel@pengutronix.de
Subject: Re: Missing feedback
Date: Fri, 22 May 2020 17:21:33 +0200	[thread overview]

On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 03:15:12PM +0200, Uwe Kleine-König wrote:
> Hello Thierry,
>
> On Fri, May 22, 2020 at 01:46:35PM +0200, Thierry Reding wrote:
> > Like I said, I'm open to let you take on a more central role eventually,
> > but I'm going to need a bit more time to convince myself that you will
> > be doing a better job than I.
>
> I'm also unsure that I can do better than you (and additionally that I
> can be better in your subjective view given that we don't agree on every
> aspect). Also note I don't want to replace you, for some questions I
> don't feel competent to judge. My goal is just to widen the bottle neck.
>
> As a sensible step I think getting my hands on patchwork and cleanup up
> there would be a good thing. This would help me seeing what is actually
> still open and also help other interested parties to see the current
> situation.
>
> I agree that working with patchwork is tedious, but as soon as there is
> not only a single person who can keep everything in main memory some
> form of such a coordination is useful and important.

Okay, let's start there then. Do you have an account on
patchwork.ozlabs.org? If so, let me know and I can get the admins to add
you as maintainer to the project.

I do also have half-finished scripts somewhere to help with patchwork
maintenance. It might be worth resurrecting them and see if they can be
made more useful. One thing I've been meaning to add is some semi-
automated way of marking patches as superseeded/changes-requested. Or
automatically sending "Applied" replies and marking the patches
"accepted". I think that would go a long way of removing the tediousness
because you only have to work with patches and not worry about keeping
both the maintainer tree and patchwork in sync, and it avoids the need
to send out automatic emails.

Thierry