On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 03:32:40PM +0200, Bartosz Golaszewski wrote: > czw., 28 maj 2020 o 15:29 Mark Brown napisaƂ(a): > > Why macros and not static inlines? > The existing regmap_update_bits_*() helpers are macros too, so I tried > to stay consistent. Any reason why they are macros and not static > inlines? If there's none, then why not convert them too? Otherwise > we'd have a static inline expanding a macro which in turn is calling a > function (regmap_update_bits_base()). Not really, I think it was just that they're argument tables. It'd be good to convert them.