Hi Christophe, On Tue, 9 Jun 2020 17:24:14 +0200 Christophe Leroy wrote: > > Le 09/06/2020 à 14:05, Joerg Roedel a écrit : > > From: Joerg Roedel > > > > The functions are only used in two source files, so there is no need > > for them to be in the global header. Move them to the new > > header and include it only where needed. > > Do you mean we will now create a new header file for any new couple on > functions based on where they are used ? > > Can you explain why this change is needed or is a plus ? Well at a minimum, it means 45 lines less to be parsed every time the linux/mm is included (in at last count, 1996 places some of which are include files included by other files). And, as someone who does a lot of builds every day, I am in favour of that :-) -- Cheers, Stephen Rothwell