On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 10:05:39AM -0500, Pierre-Louis Bossart wrote: > On 6/16/20 9:52 AM, Mark Brown wrote: > > On Tue, Jun 16, 2020 at 09:23:25AM -0500, Pierre-Louis Bossart wrote: > > > Doesn't simple-card rely on DT blobs that can also be updated? > > DT is an ABI just like ACPI - it's just more featureful. Many systems > > can easily update their DTs but not all of them and users don't always > > want to try to keep it in lock step with the kernel. Stuff like this is > > why I've been dubious about putting DPCM things in there, it's too much > > of a hard coding of internal APIs. > ok, but is there any actual use of dpcm_playback/capture outside of C code? > simple-card.c and audio-graph-card do hard-code but that's done with C in > the driver: ... > that that should be fixed based on the DAI format used in that dai_link - in > other words we can make sure the capabilities of the dailink are aligned > with the dais while parsing the DT blobs. Right, just heading off the idea that we can fix things by updating DTs.