On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 07:54:23PM +0200, Stephan Gerhold wrote: > If we end up simplifying those flags, and eventually removing > dpcm_playback/capture entirely, wouldn't it be the easiest solution to > just relax the error checks for 5.8? (Like the diff I suggested?) > Pierre's diff to set dpcm_playback/capture correctly for > simple-audio-card etc would work too, but I'm not sure if this is worth > it if we end up removing those anyway. Yeah, if we're removing them anyway then taking something that just ignores them as a fix seems reasonable.