* Re: Adding branches for testing
       [not found] <20200723035548.GA363815@ubuntu-n2-xlarge-x86>
@ 2020-07-23  6:32 ` Lee Jones
From: Lee Jones @ 2020-07-23  6:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kbuild-all

On Wed, 22 Jul 2020, Nathan Chancellor wrote:

> Hi Lee,
>
> On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 07:03:19PM +0100, Lee Jones wrote:
> > Good evening,
> >
> > Is it possible to obtain build-test results for successful builds?
> >
> > If so, what is the process for adding branches to your system?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > Kind regards,
> > Lee
> >

> I filed a pull request against their repository and I get email
> notifications whenever I push to a new branch on my repository:
>
> https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/pull/64

Of course it's on GitHub! :)

There was me thinking it was secret source.

> Looks like there are a lot of trees to look over in case you want to
> customize it in some way, I am not sure of any documentation over it
> though:

Docs:

  https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests
  https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/wiki

> https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/tree/master/repo/linux

You've been a great help Nathan.  Thank you!

--
Lee Jones [李琼斯]
Senior Technical Lead - Developer Services

* Re: Adding branches for testing
@ 2020-07-23  6:38   ` Rong Chen
From: Rong Chen @ 2020-07-23  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kbuild-all

On 7/23/20 2:32 PM, Lee Jones wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Jul 2020, Nathan Chancellor wrote:
>
>> Hi Lee,
>>
>> On Wed, Jul 22, 2020 at 07:03:19PM +0100, Lee Jones wrote:
>>> Good evening,
>>>
>>> Is it possible to obtain build-test results for successful builds?
>>>
>>> If so, what is the process for adding branches to your system?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> Kind regards,
>>> Lee
>>>
>> I filed a pull request against their repository and I get email
>> notifications whenever I push to a new branch on my repository:
>>
>> https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/pull/64
> Of course it's on GitHub! :)
>
> There was me thinking it was secret source.
>
>> Looks like there are a lot of trees to look over in case you want to
>> customize it in some way, I am not sure of any documentation over it
>> though:
> Docs:
>
>    https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests
>    https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/wiki
>
>> https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/tree/master/repo/linux
> You've been a great help Nathan.  Thank you!

Hi Lee, Nathan,

We have updated the config file for repo/linux/ljones-mfd:
https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/commit/deff2b285b141ac462b3a7091566ce2ea218c9f0
and there is a introduce document for these items:
https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/wiki/Repo-Spec

Best Regards,
Rong Chen

* Re: Adding branches for testing
@ 2020-07-23  6:46     ` Lee Jones
From: Lee Jones @ 2020-07-23  6:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kbuild-all

On Thu, 23 Jul 2020, Rong Chen wrote:

> On 7/23/20 2:32 PM, Lee Jones wrote:
> > On Wed, 22 Jul 2020, Nathan Chancellor wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Lee,

> > > I filed a pull request against their repository and I get email
> > > notifications whenever I push to a new branch on my repository:
> > >
> > > https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/pull/64
> > Of course it's on GitHub! :)
> >
> > There was me thinking it was secret source.
> >
> > > Looks like there are a lot of trees to look over in case you want to
> > > customize it in some way, I am not sure of any documentation over it
> > > though:
> > Docs:
> >
> >    https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests
> >    https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/wiki
> >
> > > https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/tree/master/repo/linux
> > You've been a great help Nathan.  Thank you!
> >

> Hi Lee, Nathan,
>
> We have updated the config file for repo/linux/ljones-mfd: https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/commit/deff2b285b141ac462b3a7091566ce2ea218c9f0

I was just doing that.  Thank you, you've saved me some time.

Would you also be kind enough to do the same for 'backlight' please?

Or would you like me to do that myself?

> and there is a introduce document for these items:
> https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/wiki/Repo-Spec

Thanks.

--

@ 2020-07-23  7:27     ` Lee Jones
From: Lee Jones @ 2020-07-23  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kbuild-all

On Thu, 23 Jul 2020, Rong Chen wrote:

> On 7/23/20 2:32 PM, Lee Jones wrote:
> > On Wed, 22 Jul 2020, Nathan Chancellor wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Lee,

> > > I filed a pull request against their repository and I get email
> > > notifications whenever I push to a new branch on my repository:
> > >
> > > https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/pull/64
> > Of course it's on GitHub! :)
> >
> > There was me thinking it was secret source.
> >
> > > Looks like there are a lot of trees to look over in case you want to
> > > customize it in some way, I am not sure of any documentation over it
> > > though:
> > Docs:
> >
> >    https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests
> >    https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/wiki
> >
> > > https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/tree/master/repo/linux
> > You've been a great help Nathan.  Thank you!
> >

> Hi Lee, Nathan,
>
> We have updated the config file for repo/linux/ljones-mfd: https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/commit/deff2b285b141ac462b3a7091566ce2ea218c9f0
> and there is a introduce document for these items:

> https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/wiki/Repo-Spec

Would you be kind enough to expand on a couple of points for me
please?  The Repo-Spec seems to be lacking in a couple of areas.

What are 'integration_testing_branches'?  Will lkp-tests only operate
on those branches and exclude all others (except those mentioned in
'whitelist_branch' of course).

What are 'subsystems'?  If the MFD case, these do not appears to be
directories.  Do they pertain to something else, regex for instance?

Any help would be gratefully received.

--

@ 2020-07-23  7:57       ` Rong Chen
From: Rong Chen @ 2020-07-23  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kbuild-all

On 7/23/20 3:27 PM, Lee Jones wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Jul 2020, Rong Chen wrote:

>>> Of course it's on GitHub! :)
>>>
>>> There was me thinking it was secret source.

>>> Docs:
>>>
>>>     https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests
>>>     https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/wiki

>>> You've been a great help Nathan.  Thank you!
>>>
>> Hi Lee, Nathan,
>>
>> We have updated the config file for repo/linux/ljones-mfd: https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/commit/deff2b285b141ac462b3a7091566ce2ea218c9f0
>> and there is a introduce document for these items:
>> https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/wiki/Repo-Spec
> Would you be kind enough to expand on a couple of points for me
> please?  The Repo-Spec seems to be lacking in a couple of areas.
>
> What are 'integration_testing_branches'?  Will lkp-tests only operate
> on those branches and exclude all others (except those mentioned in
> 'whitelist_branch' of course).

Hi Lee,

the branches of integration_testing_branches are from linux-next tree,
'integration_testing_branches' means 0day will try to apply lkml patches
to these branches to test.

$ git show linux-next/master:Next/Trees | grep lee/mfd
mfd-fixes       git
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lee/mfd.git#for-mfd-fixes
mfd             git
git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lee/mfd.git#for-mfd-next

> What are 'subsystems'?  If the MFD case, these do not appears to be
> directories.  Do they pertain to something else, regex for instance?

'subsystems' is generated from linus/master:MAINTAINERS, 0day use it to compare with the patch subject from lkml,
and sort the branches that the patch may want to be applied to.

Best Regards,
Rong Chen

@ 2020-07-23  7:58       ` Rong Chen
From: Rong Chen @ 2020-07-23  7:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kbuild-all

On 7/23/20 2:46 PM, Lee Jones wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Jul 2020, Rong Chen wrote:

>>> Of course it's on GitHub! :)
>>>
>>> There was me thinking it was secret source.

>>> Docs:
>>>
>>>     https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests
>>>     https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/wiki

>>> You've been a great help Nathan.  Thank you!
>>>
>> Hi Lee, Nathan,
>>
>> We have updated the config file for repo/linux/ljones-mfd: https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/commit/deff2b285b141ac462b3a7091566ce2ea218c9f0
> I was just doing that.  Thank you, you've saved me some time.
>
> Would you also be kind enough to do the same for 'backlight' please?

Hi Lee,

We have updated it:
https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/commit/c0286b0f24d04bf11f83e253df7e237a49858243

Best Regards,
Rong Chen

@ 2020-07-23  8:08         ` Lee Jones
From: Lee Jones @ 2020-07-23  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kbuild-all

On Thu, 23 Jul 2020, Rong Chen wrote:

> On 7/23/20 2:46 PM, Lee Jones wrote:

> > > Hi Lee, Nathan,
> > >
> > > We have updated the config file for repo/linux/ljones-mfd: https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/commit/deff2b285b141ac462b3a7091566ce2ea218c9f0
> > I was just doing that.  Thank you, you've saved me some time.
> >
> > Would you also be kind enough to do the same for 'backlight' please?
>
> Hi Lee,
>
> We have updated it: https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/commit/c0286b0f24d04bf11f83e253df7e237a49858243

Excellent.  You are a star, thank you.

I have added one more repo:

  https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/pull/73

Please see to it at your convenience.

--

@ 2020-07-23  8:09         ` Lee Jones
From: Lee Jones @ 2020-07-23  8:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kbuild-all

On Thu, 23 Jul 2020, Rong Chen wrote:

> On 7/23/20 3:27 PM, Lee Jones wrote:

> > > Hi Lee, Nathan,
> > >
> > > We have updated the config file for repo/linux/ljones-mfd: https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/commit/deff2b285b141ac462b3a7091566ce2ea218c9f0
> > > and there is a introduce document for these items:
> > > https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/wiki/Repo-Spec
> > Would you be kind enough to expand on a couple of points for me
> > please?  The Repo-Spec seems to be lacking in a couple of areas.
> >
> > What are 'integration_testing_branches'?  Will lkp-tests only operate
> > on those branches and exclude all others (except those mentioned in
> > 'whitelist_branch' of course).
>
> Hi Lee,
>
> the branches of integration_testing_branches are from linux-next tree,
> 'integration_testing_branches' means 0day will try to apply lkml patches to
> these branches to test.
>
> $ git show linux-next/master:Next/Trees | grep lee/mfd
> mfd-fixes       git
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lee/mfd.git#for-mfd-fixes
> mfd             git
> git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/lee/mfd.git#for-mfd-next
>

> > What are 'subsystems'?  If the MFD case, these do not appears to be
> > directories.  Do they pertain to something else, regex for instance?
>
> 'subsystems' is generated from linus/master:MAINTAINERS, 0day use it to compare with the patch subject from lkml,
> and sort the branches that the patch may want to be applied to.

Okay, that makes sense.

Thank you for taking the time to explain.

--

@ 2020-07-28  9:25           ` Lee Jones
From: Lee Jones @ 2020-07-28  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kbuild-all

> > We have updated it: https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/commit/c0286b0f24d04bf11f83e253df7e237a49858243
>
> Excellent.  You are a star, thank you.
>
> I have added one more repo:
>
>   https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/pull/73
>
> Please see to it at your convenience.

Any idea why I am not receiving results for the following please?

  https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/blob/master/repo/linux/lee-linaro

As far as I'm aware, LKP should be testing all branches.

What am I missing?  Did I do something wrong in the config?

--

@ 2020-07-29  9:09             ` Rong Chen
From: Rong Chen @ 2020-07-29  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kbuild-all

On 7/28/20 5:25 PM, Lee Jones wrote:
>>> We have updated it: https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/commit/c0286b0f24d04bf11f83e253df7e237a49858243
>> Excellent.  You are a star, thank you.
>>
>> I have added one more repo:
>>
>>    https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/pull/73
>>
>> Please see to it at your convenience.
> Any idea why I am not receiving results for the following please?
>
>    https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/blob/master/repo/linux/lee-linaro
>
> As far as I'm aware, LKP should be testing all branches.
>
> What am I missing?  Did I do something wrong in the config?

Hi Lee,

It's a network problem, the bot can't clone the repo successfully,
I'm downloading it but it still very slow.

$ git clone https://git.linaro.org/people/lee.jones/linux.git lee-linaro
Cloning into bare repository 'lee-linaro'...
remote: Enumerating objects: 884266, done.
remote: Counting objects: 100% (884266/884266), done.
Receiving objects:   3% (99547/2967293), 42.67 MiB | 32.00 KiB/s

Best Regards,
Rong Chen

* Re: Adding branches for testing
@ 2020-07-29 10:13               ` Lee Jones
From: Lee Jones @ 2020-07-29 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kbuild-all

On Wed, 29 Jul 2020, Rong Chen wrote:

> > > Excellent.  You are a star, thank you.
> > >
> > > I have added one more repo:
> > >
> > >    https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/pull/73
> > >
> > > Please see to it at your convenience.
> > Any idea why I am not receiving results for the following please?
> >
> >    https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/blob/master/repo/linux/lee-linaro
> >
> > As far as I'm aware, LKP should be testing all branches.
> >
> > What am I missing?  Did I do something wrong in the config?
> >

> Hi Lee,
>
> It's a network problem, the bot can't clone the repo successfully,
> I'm downloading it but it still very slow.
>
> $ git clone https://git.linaro.org/people/lee.jones/linux.git lee-linaro
> Cloning into bare repository 'lee-linaro'...
> remote: Enumerating objects: 884266, done.
> remote: Counting objects: 100% (884266/884266), done.
> remote: Compressing objects: 100% (14993/14993), done.
> Receiving objects:   3% (99547/2967293), 42.67 MiB | 32.00 KiB/s

Thanks for looking into this.

I guess that this will only need to be done once, right?

--

@ 2020-07-30  1:21                 ` Rong Chen
From: Rong Chen @ 2020-07-30  1:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kbuild-all

On 7/29/20 6:13 PM, Lee Jones wrote:

>>> Any idea why I am not receiving results for the following please?
>>>
>>>     https://github.com/intel/lkp-tests/blob/master/repo/linux/lee-linaro
>>>
>>> As far as I'm aware, LKP should be testing all branches.
>>>
>>> What am I missing?  Did I do something wrong in the config?
>>>
>> Hi Lee,
>>
>> It's a network problem, the bot can't clone the repo successfully,
>> I'm downloading it but it still very slow.
>>
>> $ git clone https://git.linaro.org/people/lee.jones/linux.git lee-linaro
>> Cloning into bare repository 'lee-linaro'...
>> remote: Enumerating objects: 884266, done.
>> remote: Counting objects: 100% (884266/884266), done.
>> remote: Compressing objects: 100% (14993/14993), done.
>> Receiving objects:   3% (99547/2967293), 42.67 MiB | 32.00 KiB/s
> Thanks for looking into this.
>
> I guess that this will only need to be done once, right?

yes, and lee-linaro repo is ready, tests have been started.

Best Regards,
Rong Chen

* Adding branches for testing
  2020-07-17 21:22 [ljones-mfd:for-mfd-next 56/66] drivers/mfd/mfd-core.c:216:11: error: implicit declaration of function 'mfd_match_of_node_to_dev' kernel test robot
@ 2020-07-22 18:03 ` Lee Jones
From: Lee Jones @ 2020-07-22 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: kbuild-all