* Patches to apply to stable releases [7/23/2020]
@ 2020-07-23 15:57 Guenter Roeck
From: Guenter Roeck @ 2020-07-23 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: stable; +Cc: Greg Kroah-Hartman, Sasha Levin, Guenter Roeck

Hi,

Please consider applying the following patches to the listed stable
releases.

The following patches were found to be missing in stable releases by the
Chrome OS missing patch robot. The patches meet the following criteria.
- The patch includes a Fixes: tag
  Note that the Fixes: tag does not always point to the correct upstream
  SHA. In that case the correct upstream SHA is listed below.
- The patch referenced in the Fixes: tag has been applied to the listed
  stable release
- The patch has not been applied to that stable release

All patches have been applied to the listed stable releases and to at least
one Chrome OS branch. Resulting images have been build- and runtime-tested
(where applicable) on real hardware and with virtual hardware on
kerneltests.org.

Thanks,
Guenter

---
Upstream commit 2aeb18835476 ("perf/core: Fix locking for children siblings group read")
  upstream: v4.13-rc2
    Fixes: ba5213ae6b88 ("perf/core: Correct event creation with PERF_FORMAT_GROUP")
      in linux-4.4.y: a8dd3dfefcf5
      in linux-4.9.y: 50fe37e83e14
      upstream: v4.13-rc1
    Affected branches:
      linux-4.4.y
      linux-4.9.y (already applied)

Upstream commit d41f36a6464a ("spi: spi-fsl-dspi: Exit the ISR with IRQ_NONE when it's not ours")
  upstream: v5.4-rc1
    Fixes: 13aed2392741 ("spi: spi-fsl-dspi: use IRQF_SHARED mode to request IRQ")
      in linux-4.14.y: c75e886e1270
      in linux-4.19.y: eb336b9003b1
      upstream: v5.0-rc1
    Affected branches:
      linux-4.14.y
      linux-4.19.y

* Re: Patches to apply to stable releases [7/23/2020]
@ 2020-07-23 18:24 ` Greg Kroah-Hartman
From: Greg Kroah-Hartman @ 2020-07-23 18:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guenter Roeck; +Cc: stable, Sasha Levin

On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 08:57:08AM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Please consider applying the following patches to the listed stable
> releases.
>
> The following patches were found to be missing in stable releases by the
> Chrome OS missing patch robot. The patches meet the following criteria.
> - The patch includes a Fixes: tag
>   Note that the Fixes: tag does not always point to the correct upstream
>   SHA. In that case the correct upstream SHA is listed below.
> - The patch referenced in the Fixes: tag has been applied to the listed
>   stable release
> - The patch has not been applied to that stable release
>
> All patches have been applied to the listed stable releases and to at least
> one Chrome OS branch. Resulting images have been build- and runtime-tested
> (where applicable) on real hardware and with virtual hardware on
> kerneltests.org.
>
> Thanks,
> Guenter
>
> ---
> Upstream commit 2aeb18835476 ("perf/core: Fix locking for children siblings group read")
>   upstream: v4.13-rc2
>     Fixes: ba5213ae6b88 ("perf/core: Correct event creation with PERF_FORMAT_GROUP")
>       in linux-4.4.y: a8dd3dfefcf5
>       in linux-4.9.y: 50fe37e83e14
>       upstream: v4.13-rc1
>     Affected branches:
>       linux-4.4.y
>       linux-4.9.y (already applied)
>
> Upstream commit d41f36a6464a ("spi: spi-fsl-dspi: Exit the ISR with IRQ_NONE when it's not ours")
>   upstream: v5.4-rc1
>     Fixes: 13aed2392741 ("spi: spi-fsl-dspi: use IRQF_SHARED mode to request IRQ")
>       in linux-4.14.y: c75e886e1270
>       in linux-4.19.y: eb336b9003b1
>       upstream: v5.0-rc1
>     Affected branches:
>       linux-4.14.y
>       linux-4.19.y

All now queued up, thanks!

greg k-h

* Re: Patches to apply to stable releases [7/23/2020]
@ 2020-07-23 19:13   ` Guenter Roeck
From: Guenter Roeck @ 2020-07-23 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Kroah-Hartman; +Cc: stable, Sasha Levin

On 7/23/20 11:24 AM, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 08:57:08AM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Please consider applying the following patches to the listed stable
>> releases.
>>
>> The following patches were found to be missing in stable releases by the
>> Chrome OS missing patch robot. The patches meet the following criteria.
>> - The patch includes a Fixes: tag
>>   Note that the Fixes: tag does not always point to the correct upstream
>>   SHA. In that case the correct upstream SHA is listed below.
>> - The patch referenced in the Fixes: tag has been applied to the listed
>>   stable release
>> - The patch has not been applied to that stable release
>>
>> All patches have been applied to the listed stable releases and to at least
>> one Chrome OS branch. Resulting images have been build- and runtime-tested
>> (where applicable) on real hardware and with virtual hardware on
>> kerneltests.org.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Guenter
>>
>> ---
>> Upstream commit 2aeb18835476 ("perf/core: Fix locking for children siblings group read")
>>   upstream: v4.13-rc2
>>     Fixes: ba5213ae6b88 ("perf/core: Correct event creation with PERF_FORMAT_GROUP")
>>       in linux-4.4.y: a8dd3dfefcf5
>>       in linux-4.9.y: 50fe37e83e14
>>       upstream: v4.13-rc1
>>     Affected branches:
>>       linux-4.4.y
>>       linux-4.9.y (already applied)
>>
>> Upstream commit d41f36a6464a ("spi: spi-fsl-dspi: Exit the ISR with IRQ_NONE when it's not ours")
>>   upstream: v5.4-rc1
>>     Fixes: 13aed2392741 ("spi: spi-fsl-dspi: use IRQF_SHARED mode to request IRQ")
>>       in linux-4.14.y: c75e886e1270
>>       in linux-4.19.y: eb336b9003b1
>>       upstream: v5.0-rc1
>>     Affected branches:
>>       linux-4.14.y
>>       linux-4.19.y
>
> All now queued up, thanks!

Excellent. That concludes the applicable backlog. Everything else the robot
has found was either cosmetic or resulted in conflicts, and I did not try
to create a backport for a variety of reasons (minor, irrelevant for us,
too complex, too risky, untestable, ...).

Our robot keeps finding more patches to apply from top-of-tree, but it looks
like your and Sasha's workflow identifies those reliably nowadays, and they
are usually applied to stable releases within a week or two. I may send more
requests in the future, but only if a fix is urgent or if it looks like
a patch got lost.

Thanks,
Guenter

* Re: Patches to apply to stable releases [7/23/2020]
@ 2020-07-24  7:19     ` Greg Kroah-Hartman
From: Greg Kroah-Hartman @ 2020-07-24  7:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Guenter Roeck; +Cc: stable, Sasha Levin

On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 12:13:41PM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> On 7/23/20 11:24 AM, Greg Kroah-Hartman wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 08:57:08AM -0700, Guenter Roeck wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Please consider applying the following patches to the listed stable
> >> releases.
> >>
> >> The following patches were found to be missing in stable releases by the
> >> Chrome OS missing patch robot. The patches meet the following criteria.
> >> - The patch includes a Fixes: tag
> >>   Note that the Fixes: tag does not always point to the correct upstream
> >>   SHA. In that case the correct upstream SHA is listed below.
> >> - The patch referenced in the Fixes: tag has been applied to the listed
> >>   stable release
> >> - The patch has not been applied to that stable release
> >>
> >> All patches have been applied to the listed stable releases and to at least
> >> one Chrome OS branch. Resulting images have been build- and runtime-tested
> >> (where applicable) on real hardware and with virtual hardware on
> >> kerneltests.org.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> Guenter
> >>
> >> ---
> >> Upstream commit 2aeb18835476 ("perf/core: Fix locking for children siblings group read")
> >>   upstream: v4.13-rc2
> >>     Fixes: ba5213ae6b88 ("perf/core: Correct event creation with PERF_FORMAT_GROUP")
> >>       in linux-4.4.y: a8dd3dfefcf5
> >>       in linux-4.9.y: 50fe37e83e14
> >>       upstream: v4.13-rc1
> >>     Affected branches:
> >>       linux-4.4.y
> >>       linux-4.9.y (already applied)
> >>
> >> Upstream commit d41f36a6464a ("spi: spi-fsl-dspi: Exit the ISR with IRQ_NONE when it's not ours")
> >>   upstream: v5.4-rc1
> >>     Fixes: 13aed2392741 ("spi: spi-fsl-dspi: use IRQF_SHARED mode to request IRQ")
> >>       in linux-4.14.y: c75e886e1270
> >>       in linux-4.19.y: eb336b9003b1
> >>       upstream: v5.0-rc1
> >>     Affected branches:
> >>       linux-4.14.y
> >>       linux-4.19.y
> >
> > All now queued up, thanks!
> >

> Excellent. That concludes the applicable backlog. Everything else the robot
> has found was either cosmetic or resulted in conflicts, and I did not try
> to create a backport for a variety of reasons (minor, irrelevant for us,
> too complex, too risky, untestable, ...).

Great, glad we have caught up now!

greg k-h