On Thu, Jul 23, 2020 at 10:25:40AM -0500, Joseph Reynolds wrote: > 2. certificate is good but expired or not yet valid - Use the > certificate and log a warning. I suspect that "not yet valid" is a more common case than might be assumed on the surface. I agree with the recommended action. Many of the Facebook server designs do not have a hardware RTC available to the BMC. We have an RTC accessible by the BIOS and we also sync with NTP. That means there is always a period of time after we first plug in the rack where the servers in the rack have a date that is way wrong. It is reasonable to assume the date is just wrong and the certificate is valid. The clients can validate a certificate which is actually out of date. I'm less settled on using a certificate which is clearly expired, but it is still likely better than using a newly-generated self-signed certificate. -- Patrick Williams