On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 03:47:31PM -0400, Vivek Goyal wrote: > Hi, > > This is V2 of patches. Only change since last version is handling of > lock/pid file creation as per the comments from Daniel Berrange. > > I can't think of any more changes needed. As a unpriviliged user > inside VM I can do simple operations like create/remove/read/write > files. > > For more testing, I probably need a testsuite which runs as unpriviliged > user. pjdfstests needs to run as root and this does not work in this > setup as creation of files as root fails. (On host, daemon tries to > switch to root uid and that fails). > > So as of now, I think these are the minimum changes needed to support > unprivileged passthrough mode of virtiofsd. Ideas for testing user file I/O: $ git clone https://git.qemu.org/git/qemu.git $ find qemu -name \*.c $ grep -r vhost_user_fs qemu $ rm -rf qemu $ pip install --user Django $ .local/bin/django-admin Stefan