On Thu, Aug 20, 2020 at 05:55:29PM -0400, Eduardo Habkost wrote: > While trying to convert TypeInfo declarations to the new > OBJECT_DECLARE* macros, I've stumbled on a few suspicious cases > where instance_size or class_size is not set, despite having type > checker macros that use a specific type. > > The ones with "WARNING" are abstract types (maybe not serious if > subclasses set the appropriate sizes). The ones with "ERROR" > don't seem to be abstract types. Comment on the ones within my area: > > WARNING: hw/input/adb.c:310:1: class_size should be set to sizeof(ADBDeviceClass)? Yeah, that looks like a bug (though we'll get away with it because it's abstract). > WARNING: hw/ppc/pnv_lpc.c:771:1: instance_size should be set to sizeof(PnvLpcController)? Ditto. Should I make fixes for these, or will you? > ERROR: hw/ppc/spapr_drc.c:771:1: instance_size should be set to sizeof(SpaprDrc)? I'm confused by this one. I'm not exactly sure which definition is tripping the error, and AFAICT they should all be correctly inheriting instance_size from either TYPE_SPAPR_DR_CONNECTOR or TYPE_SPAPR_DRC_PHSYICAL. If anything, it looks like TYPE_SPAPR_DRC_PHB could drop it's explicit override of instance_size. -- David Gibson | I'll have my music baroque, and my code david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au | minimalist, thank you. NOT _the_ _other_ | _way_ _around_! http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson