Hello Andy, On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 01:37:56PM +0300, Andy Shevchenko wrote: > On Mon, Sep 21, 2020 at 10:44:01AM +0200, Uwe Kleine-König wrote: > > On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 12:27:19AM +0800, vijayakannan.ayyathurai@intel.com wrote: > > > From: Vijayakannan Ayyathurai > > > > > > Add PWM Device Tree bindings documentation for the Intel Keem Bay SoC. > > > > > > Signed-off-by: Vineetha G. Jaya Kumaran > > > Signed-off-by: Vijayakannan Ayyathurai > > > Reviewed-by: Rob Herring > > > Acked-by: Uwe Kleine-König > > > > nitpick: Your S-o-b should always be last. This way it becomes clear who > > added the other tags. > > I think it should reflect chronological order. If SoB has been given before > e.g. Ack then SoB should be followed by Ack and not other way around. This is how I interpret the rules even though I admit it is not formalized explicitly. The idea is just what I wrote, when the patch ends up in git with: Signed-off-by: Vineetha G. Jaya Kumaran Signed-off-by: Vijayakannan Ayyathurai Reviewed-by: Rob Herring Acked-by: Uwe Kleine-König Signed-off-by: Peter Maintainer I'd expect that is was Peter M. who added Rob's and my tag, while when it is Signed-off-by: Vineetha G. Jaya Kumaran Reviewed-by: Rob Herring Acked-by: Uwe Kleine-König Signed-off-by: Vijayakannan Ayyathurai Signed-off-by: Peter Maintainer it was Vijayakannan who added them. IMHO this makes sense as Vijayakannan modified the commit log and then it is usual to add the signature at the end. In my eyes this is more sensible than the date order, but it seems this is subjective. I'm aware that most people don't care; and I don't care enough to argue this case any further. Best regards Uwe -- Pengutronix e.K. | Uwe Kleine-König | Industrial Linux Solutions | https://www.pengutronix.de/ |