On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 03:06:52PM -0700, Nick Desaulniers via groups.io wrote: > On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 2:26 PM Guillaume Tucker > > > android-mainline > > > android12-5.4 > > > android-4.19-stable > > > are the 3 newest branches that I know of. > > And which LLVM/Clang versions should be used to build those? > Will likely be clang-12 (or possibly clang-13). Those branches are > basically the kernel branches for "S" which will be released next > year. So they are building with a pre-clang-11 right now, but we're > about to upgrade them to something closer to ToT soon. Once the "S" > release of Android is closer, then we will lock down the toolchain > used for these kernels, but it's sure to change between now and then. The thought was that it might be worth using the actual Android toolchains (including all the out of tree patches and whatnot) with these branches as well as upstream clang.