On Fri, Oct 09, 2020 at 01:31:24PM +0300, Andy Shevchenko wrote: > What is the best way for individual ASoC drivers to be sure that at load time > they have or have not DMA resources available? > Now, seems the approach is to check dma-names property present and thus, try to > switch to DMA mode, otherwise PIO. But this seems to me a bit fragile. Why ASoC > core can't simple recognize DMA resources as optional (for the drivers that > want to know if they available or not)? I'm not sure what you mean by "recognize DMA resources as optional" here? At present drivers that think something might not have appeared should go through the resources and check them individually, anything that hard errored won't be there.