Hi Denis, On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 11:00:32AM -0500, Denis Kenzior wrote: > So iwd is built to scan the least amount possible, since scanning interrupts > your link (radio has to physically switch off the channel, so your packets > are lost in the meantime). We scan only when in 'Autoconnect' state and > when signal strength gets so low we need to try and roam. If the network > supports neighbor reports or other advanced BSS mangement features, we use > those to minimize the set of channels we scan. Okay, that explains the behavior Keith is reporting. > In Autoconnect mode (and only in Autoconnect mode when we're not connected > anywhere else) iwd scans periodically. If a network is marked > AutoConnect=false, then that network is not considered as a candidate in > this stage. > > Station.Disconnect tells iwd to disconnect from whatever it is connected to > and not enter into its Autoconnect mode. This is essentially used to tell > iwd that some external application wants to control how scanning & > autoconnect logic is performed. > > In general, I would encourage using iwd's autoconnect logic since it can > optimize the scan parameters and reconnect quickly. This is why you see iwd > re-connect to networks about 10x faster than NM+wpa_s. I get your point and it totally makes sense if you only consider only one uplink (technology). I would even go further and say, don't use ConnMan if you only want to use WiFi. But it gets a bit more tricky for the use case: use WiFi if possible and fallback to cellular network if it's not available. Maybe it is possible to enable the autoconnect mode. I haven't really thought it through yet. At least I know now why we have these problems. Thanks, Daniel