On Thu, Oct 15, 2020 at 06:57:09PM -0500, Harry G. Coin wrote: > The 'mainline generic' version of the latest kernel fails to parse > 'fuse' virtiofs options on root kernel boots.  Not only dax, but all the > 'fuse' usual ones as well.  (None of > default_permissions,allow_other,user_id=0 etc are accepted). > > Is that what you expected of the mainline kernel?  I learned of this > when trying to understand this further problem: > > SELinux's 'restorecon' and other attempts to change security attributes > then fails with "operation not supported". > > I could only get sshd able to accept connections by changing SELinux to > permissive.  The commands necessary to change the security attributes > failed with the 'operation not supported' issue. > > Ideas? Hi Harry, FUSE mount options were removed from virtiofs at one point. I think this is expected. The reason is because the options you listed are the default for virtiofs and don't need to be specified explicitly. I have CCed Miklos in case things have changed or I missed something. Stefan