On Thu 2020-10-22 11:34:34, Bollinger, Seth wrote: > > >>> Yeah. Don't do that! :-). For solid on/solid off, just turn the > >>> trigger off. For blinking, use timer trigger. > >> > >> If I want to go from on or off to flashing, I need to set the timer trigger, which results in a 500 ms flash rate until the real rates are set. This results in a noticeably different first blink. I guess we’re looking for smooth control of the LED. > >> > > > > Okay, that's fair requirement, I guess. > > > > If you have proposals how to solve this in a nice way, go ahead. > > > > As a hack... > > > > I believe you can go from on to off like this: > > > > on:9999,off:0 -> on:9999,off:1 -> on:1,off:9999 -> on:0,off:9999. > > > > (And I believe we should document this somewhere). > > > I hate to respond to this, because it makes me look stupid, but… :) > > The problem turned out to be that the original author was using buffered IO to do the sysfs writes (which I didn’t notice until yesterday). When I switched to a different method, the writes were ordered correctly and didn’t glitch. > > Apologies for bothering you all, and great thanks for your assistance! Hehe, okay. Good that it is solved. (And yes, such bugs happen, forgetting about buffered i/o is quite common). Best regards, Pavel -- http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek