On 11/03/20 at 12:34pm, Rahul Gopakumar wrote: > >> So, you mean with the draft patch applied, the initial performance > regression goes away, just many page corruption errors with call trace > are seen, right? > > Yes, that's right. > > >> And the performance regression is about 2sec delay in > your system? > > The delay due to this new page corruption issue is about > 3 secs. > > Here is the summary > > * Initial problem - 2 secs > * Draft patch - Fixes initial problem (recovers 2 secs) but > brings in new page corruption issue (3 secs) > > >> Could you tell how you setup vmware VM so that I can ask our QA for > help to create a vmware VM for me to test? > > * Use vSphere ESXi 6.7 or 7.0 GA. > * Create VM using vSphere Web Client and specify 1TB VM Memory. > * Install RHEL 8.1, that's the guest used in this test. Can you try the attached draft patch? > > With draft patch, you should be able to reproduce the issue. > Let me know if you need more details.