Hi! > > > > I don't think this commit should be backported to stable. It is simple > > > > dtbs_check - checking whether Devicetree source matches device tree > > > > schema. Neither the schema nor the warning existed in v4.19. I think > > > > dtbs_check fixes should not be backported, unless a real issue is > > > > pointed out. > > > > > > I agree with you about the backporting. Hopefully Greg drops the > > > commit. > > > > > > But the other issue is: should mainline be fixed so that ranges do not overlap? > > > > Yes, it should be. This should fail on mapping resources... > > > > I'll take a look, thanks for the report. > > +Cc Paweł and Marek, > > The IO memory mappings overlap unfortunately on purpose. Most of the > clock driver registers are in the first range of 0x3000 but it also uses > two registers at offset 0xe000. > > The samsung-s5pv210-pmu is used only as a syscon by phy-s5pv210-usb2.c > which wants to play with 0x680c. > > The solution could be to split the mapping into two parts but I don't > want to do this. I don't have the hardware so there is a chance I will > break things. > > However if Paweł, Jonathan or Marek want to improve it - patches are > welcomed. :) Okay, it would be nice to at least have a comment there. Best regards, Pavel -- http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek