* IOMMU Maintainership
@ 2020-11-17 10:09 ` Joerg Roedel
From: Joerg Roedel @ 2020-11-17 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: iommu, linux-kernel
  Cc: Linus Torvalds, Will Deacon, Alex Williamson, Robin Murphy, Lu Baolu

Hi,

last week I spent in the hospital and had an unplanned surgery from
which I am recovering now. The recovery will take a few weeks, which
unfortunatly does not allow me to fulfill my IOMMU maintainer duties or
do any other serious work in front of a computer.

Luckily Will Deacon volunteered to handle incoming IOMMU patches and
send them upstream. So please Cc him on any patches that you want to
have merged upstream for the next release and on important fixes for
v5.10. The patches will go through another tree for the time being, Will
can share the details on that.

I hope to return to my duties when the next merge window is over.

Thanks a lot for your help, Will! Also thank you to the others on Cc
which will help Will handling the patch flow.

Regards,

	Joerg

* IOMMU Maintainership
@ 2020-11-17 10:09 ` Joerg Roedel
From: Joerg Roedel @ 2020-11-17 10:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: iommu, linux-kernel
  Cc: Will Deacon, Alex Williamson, Linus Torvalds, Robin Murphy

Hi,

last week I spent in the hospital and had an unplanned surgery from
which I am recovering now. The recovery will take a few weeks, which
unfortunatly does not allow me to fulfill my IOMMU maintainer duties or
do any other serious work in front of a computer.

Luckily Will Deacon volunteered to handle incoming IOMMU patches and
send them upstream. So please Cc him on any patches that you want to
have merged upstream for the next release and on important fixes for
v5.10. The patches will go through another tree for the time being, Will
can share the details on that.

I hope to return to my duties when the next merge window is over.

Thanks a lot for your help, Will! Also thank you to the others on Cc
which will help Will handling the patch flow.

Regards,

	Joerg

* Re: IOMMU Maintainership
@ 2020-11-17 22:22   ` Will Deacon
From: Will Deacon @ 2020-11-17 22:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joerg Roedel
  Cc: iommu, linux-kernel, Linus Torvalds, Alex Williamson,
	Robin Murphy, Lu Baolu

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 11:09:53AM +0100, Joerg Roedel wrote:
> Luckily Will Deacon volunteered to handle incoming IOMMU patches and
> send them upstream. So please Cc him on any patches that you want to
> have merged upstream for the next release and on important fixes for
> v5.10. The patches will go through another tree for the time being, Will
> can share the details on that.

Thanks Joerg, and please try to get some rest.

As for the temporary new workflow; I'll be queueing IOMMU patches on
branches in the arm64 tree and merging them into a non-stable branch
(for-next/iommu/core) which will go into -next. I'll send a separate pull
for the IOMMU bits when the time comes.

If you have IOMMU patches targetting 5.10 or 5.11, then please CC me to
make sure I don't miss them. Alex, Robin and Lu have also offered to help
with review and I can pull from them too.

Will

* Re: IOMMU Maintainership
@ 2020-11-17 22:22   ` Will Deacon
From: Will Deacon @ 2020-11-17 22:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Joerg Roedel
  Cc: Robin Murphy, iommu, linux-kernel, Alex Williamson, Linus Torvalds

@ 2021-01-19 15:46   ` Joerg Roedel
From: Joerg Roedel @ 2021-01-19 15:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: iommu, linux-kernel
  Cc: Linus Torvalds, Will Deacon, Alex Williamson, Robin Murphy, Lu Baolu

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 11:09:53AM +0100, Joerg Roedel wrote:
> Hi,
>
> last week I spent in the hospital and had an unplanned surgery from
> which I am recovering now. The recovery will take a few weeks, which
> unfortunatly does not allow me to fulfill my IOMMU maintainer duties or
> do any other serious work in front of a computer.
>
> Luckily Will Deacon volunteered to handle incoming IOMMU patches and
> send them upstream. So please Cc him on any patches that you want to
> have merged upstream for the next release and on important fixes for
> v5.10. The patches will go through another tree for the time being, Will
> can share the details on that.

I am happy to announce that my recovery has gone well and I can now
return to my duties as the maintainer for IOMMU. Will already sent me a
list of pending stuff I will go through soon.

Thanks a lot to everyone who helped to keep things going through my
absence, and especially Will Deacon who picked up the work to collect
everything and sending it upstream!

Regards,

	Joerg

* Re: IOMMU Maintainership