On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 03:15:18PM +0100, Takashi Iwai wrote: > I guess Cezary's point is that CATPT is the only driver for Haswell, > hence the intel-dsp-config is useless for it. > But I thought CATPT also covers Broadwell, and Broadwell can be > supported by both CATPT and SOF? If so, the dynamic switching makes > sense. Right, like I said previously if there's only one option upstream then we can drop this stuff entirely - like you say I understood that there were some SoCs that could use both.