On Thu, Dec 03, 2020 at 08:40:11PM +0000, Peter Maydell wrote: > On Thu, 3 Dec 2020 at 09:51, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote: > > > > On Tue, Dec 01, 2020 at 03:22:35PM -0500, Jagannathan Raman wrote: > > > This is the v12 of the patchset. Thank you very much for the > > > review of the v11 of the series. > > > > I'm in favor of merging this for QEMU 6.0. The command-line interface > > has the x- prefix so QEMU is not committing to a stable interface. > > Changes needed to support additional device types or to switch to the > > vfio-user protocol can be made later. > > > > Jag, Elena, JJ: I suggest getting your GPG key to Peter Maydell so you > > can send multi-process QEMU pull requests. > > I would prefer to see this going through the tree of an > established QEMU developer who's already sending pullrequests, > at least initially. Once the discussion has completed I can send the patches in a pull request. I don't want to be the bottleneck for all multi-process QEMU patches in the future though. That's why I think the authors should be able to send pull requests on their own after the initial code is merged. Much of this work is isolated an only affects multi-process QEMU and the feature is marked experimental. There is little risk of introducing instability for non-multi-process QEMU users/developers. Hence why this is a new subsystem and has MAINTAINERS files entries. Does that sound good? Stefan