* [GIT PULL REQUEST] watchdog - v5.11 Merge window
@ 2020-12-22 16:34 Wim Van Sebroeck
From: Wim Van Sebroeck @ 2020-12-22 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds
	Arnd Bergmann, Chunyan Zhang, EnricoWeigelt, metux IT consult,
	Etienne Carriere, Jerry Hoemann, Johan Jonker, Lingling Xu,
	Manivannan Sadhasivam, Rasmus Villemoes, Robert Marko,
	Thomas Bogendoerfer, Tom Rix, Wang Wensheng, Wong Vee Khee,
	Yangtao Li, Zhang Qilong, Zhao Qiang, Zheng Yongjun

Hi Linus,

Please pull the watchdog changes for the v5.11 release cycle.

This series contains:
* Removal of the pnx83xx driver
* Add a binding for A100's watchdog controller.
* Add Rockchip compatibles to snps,dw-wdt.yaml
* hpwdt: Disable NMI in Crash Kernel
* Fix potential dereferencing of null pointer in watchdog_core
* Several other small fixes and improvements

The output from git request-pull:
The following changes since commit 6bff9bb8a292668e7da3e740394b061e5201f683:

  Merge tag 'scsi-fixes' of git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jejb/scsi (2020-12-12 12:57:12 -0800)

are available in the git repository at:

  git://www.linux-watchdog.org/linux-watchdog.git linux-watchdog-5.11-rc1

for you to fetch changes up to 0b9491b621196a5d7f163dde81d98e0687bdba97:

  watchdog: convert comma to semicolon (2020-12-17 21:58:46 +0100)

linux-watchdog 5.11-rc1 tag

Arnd Bergmann (1):
      watchdog: coh901327: add COMMON_CLK dependency

Chunyan Zhang (1):
      watchdog: sprd: change to use usleep_range() instead of busy loop

Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult (2):
      watchdog: iTCO_wdt: use module_platform_device() macro
      watchdog: iTCO_wdt: use dev_*() instead of pr_*() for logging

Etienne Carriere (1):
      watchdog: stm32_iwdg: don't print an error on probe deferral

Guenter Roeck (2):
      watchdog: armada_37xx: Add missing dependency on HAS_IOMEM
      watchdog: sirfsoc: Add missing dependency on HAS_IOMEM

Jerry Hoemann (2):
      watchdog/hpwdt: Disable NMI in Crash Kernel
      watchdog/hpwdt: Reflect changes

Johan Jonker (1):
      dt-binding: watchdog: add Rockchip compatibles to snps,dw-wdt.yaml

Lingling Xu (2):
      watchdog: sprd: remove watchdog disable from resume fail path
      watchdog: sprd: check busy bit before new loading rather than after that

Manivannan Sadhasivam (1):
      watchdog: qcom: Avoid context switch in restart handler

Rasmus Villemoes (1):
      watchdog: sbc_fitpc2_wdt: add __user annotations

Robert Marko (1):
      watchdog: qcom_wdt: set WDOG_HW_RUNNING bit when appropriate

Thomas Bogendoerfer (1):
      watchdog: remove pnx83xx driver

Tom Rix (1):
      watchdog: geodewdt: remove unneeded break

Wang Wensheng (1):
      watchdog: Fix potential dereferencing of null pointer

Wong Vee Khee (1):
      watchdog: wdat_wdt: Fix missing kerneldoc reported by W=1

Yangtao Li (1):
      dt-bindings: watchdog: sun4i: Add A100 compatible

Zhang Qilong (1):
      watchdog: rti-wdt: fix reference leak in rti_wdt_probe

Zhao Qiang (1):
      wdt: sp805: add watchdog_stop on reboot

Zheng Yongjun (1):
      watchdog: convert comma to semicolon

 .../bindings/watchdog/allwinner,sun4i-a10-wdt.yaml |   3 +
 .../devicetree/bindings/watchdog/snps,dw-wdt.yaml  |  10 +-
 drivers/watchdog/Kconfig                           |  14 +-
 drivers/watchdog/Makefile                          |   1 -
 drivers/watchdog/geodewdt.c                        |   2 -
 drivers/watchdog/hpwdt.c                           |   8 +-
 drivers/watchdog/iTCO_wdt.c                        |  34 +--
 drivers/watchdog/mpc8xxx_wdt.c                     |   4 +-
 drivers/watchdog/pnx833x_wdt.c                     | 277 ---------------------
 drivers/watchdog/qcom-wdt.c                        |  20 +-
 drivers/watchdog/rti_wdt.c                         |   4 +-
 drivers/watchdog/sbc_fitpc2_wdt.c                  |  12 +-
 drivers/watchdog/sp805_wdt.c                       |   1 +
 drivers/watchdog/sprd_wdt.c                        |  43 ++--
 drivers/watchdog/stm32_iwdg.c                      |  13 +-
 drivers/watchdog/watchdog_core.c                   |  22 +-
 drivers/watchdog/wdat_wdt.c                        |   6 +-
 delete mode 100644 drivers/watchdog/pnx833x_wdt.c

Kind regards,
Wim.

* Re: [GIT PULL REQUEST] watchdog - v5.11 Merge window
@ 2020-12-22 21:34 ` Linus Torvalds
From: Linus Torvalds @ 2020-12-22 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wim Van Sebroeck

On Tue, Dec 22, 2020 at 9:42 AM Wim Van Sebroeck <wim@linux-watchdog.org> wrote:

>   git://www.linux-watchdog.org/linux-watchdog.git linux-watchdog-5.11-rc1

There's no such tag there. Forgot to push out?

I can see the the top-of-tree has the SHA1 that you mention:

> for you to fetch changes up to 0b9491b621196a5d7f163dde81d98e0687bdba97:

but the tag itself is missing. And outside of kernel.org, I do require
signed tags (and even on kernel.org I very strongly prefer them), so I
won't just pull that HEAD branch.

             Linus

* Re: [GIT PULL REQUEST] watchdog - v5.11 Merge window
@ 2020-12-23 17:31   ` Wim Van Sebroeck
From: Wim Van Sebroeck @ 2020-12-23 17:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Torvalds
  Cc: Wim Van Sebroeck, Andrew Morton, LKML,
	Linux Watchdog Mailing List, Guenter Roeck, Arnd Bergmann,
	Chunyan Zhang, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult,
	Etienne Carriere, Jerry Hoemann, Johan Jonker, Lingling Xu,
	Manivannan Sadhasivam, Rasmus Villemoes, Robert Marko,
	Thomas Bogendoerfer, Tom Rix, Wang Wensheng, Wong Vee Khee,
	Yangtao Li, Zhang Qilong, Zhao Qiang, Zheng Yongjun

Hi Linus,

> >   git://www.linux-watchdog.org/linux-watchdog.git linux-watchdog-5.11-rc1
>
> There's no such tag there. Forgot to push out?
>
> I can see the the top-of-tree has the SHA1 that you mention:
>
> > for you to fetch changes up to 0b9491b621196a5d7f163dde81d98e0687bdba97:
>
> but the tag itself is missing. And outside of kernel.org, I do require
> signed tags (and even on kernel.org I very strongly prefer them), so I
> won't just pull that HEAD branch.

I know you require the tag and I did create it. So I checked what went wrong and stupid me: i created it in the wrong repository :-( .
So it was indeed not there...

Anyway, I created it in the correct repostitory now. You should be able to fetch it correctly now.

Forgive my stupidity...

Kind regards and Happy Christmas,

@ 2020-12-23 23:41 ` pr-tracker-bot
From: pr-tracker-bot @ 2020-12-23 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Wim Van Sebroeck
	Guenter Roeck, Arnd Bergmann, Chunyan Zhang, EnricoWeigelt,
	metux IT consult, Etienne Carriere, Jerry Hoemann, Johan Jonker,
	Lingling Xu, Manivannan Sadhasivam, Rasmus Villemoes,
	Robert Marko, Thomas Bogendoerfer, Tom Rix, Wang Wensheng,
	Wong Vee Khee, Yangtao Li, Zhang Qilong, Zhao Qiang,
	Zheng Yongjun

The pull request you sent on Tue, 22 Dec 2020 17:34:52 +0100:

> git://www.linux-watchdog.org/linux-watchdog.git linux-watchdog-5.11-rc1

has been merged into torvalds/linux.git:
https://git.kernel.org/torvalds/c/6755f4563144e38f375f43dbb01926fd4ce08620

Thank you!

--
Deet-doot-dot, I am a bot.