From: Jisheng Zhang <Jisheng.Zhang@synaptics.com>
To: Adrian Hunter <adrian.hunter@intel.com>,
	Ulf Hansson <ulf.hansson@linaro.org>,
	linux-mmc@vger.kernel.org,
	Baolin Wang <baolin.wang@linux.alibaba.com>,
	Eric Biggers <ebiggers@google.com>,
	Satya Tangirala <satyat@google.com>
Subject: [RFC] how to support ADMA3 and emmc CQ and inline encryption at the same time
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2020 16:46:02 +0800	[thread overview]

Hi,

Two patch series:

*emmc inline encryption
Recently Eric sent out emmc inline encryption patches, per my understanding
the emmc inline encryption based on CQ interface:cqhci.

*ADMA3 support
Baolin send out ADMA3 support patches: https://lkml.org/lkml/2020/4/26/125
which makes use of the ADMA3 transfer in mmc software queue.

Per my understanding, ADMA3 is focusing on the host side while the emmc CQ
focuses on emmc card side, they don't conflict with each other. But current
mmc_blk_cqe_issue_rw_rq() goes through either hsq or cqe code path but not both.

So how can ADMA3 and CQE be used at the same time?

Thanks in advance