On Tue, Jan 05, 2021 at 10:36:27AM -0400, Jason Gunthorpe wrote: > On Tue, Jan 05, 2021 at 01:42:56PM +0000, Mark Brown wrote: > > You're missing the point there. I2C is enumerated by firmware in > > exactly the same way as the platform bus is, it's not discoverable from > > the hardware (and similarly for a bunch of other buses). If we were to > No, I understand how I2C works and I think it is fine as is because > the enumeration outcome is all standard. You always end up with a > stable I2C device address (the name) and you always end up with the > I2C programming API. So it doesn't matter how I2C gets enumerated, it > is always an I2C device. I don't follow this logic at all, sorry - whatever the platonic ideal of what a platform device actually turns out to be when we get down to using the hardware it's the same hardware which we interact with in the same way no matter how we figured out that it was present.