On Wed, Jan 20, 2021 at 11:55:08PM -0600, Frank Rowand wrote: > On 1/20/21 11:43 PM, Viresh Kumar wrote: > > Hi Frank, > > > > On 20-01-21, 23:34, Frank Rowand wrote: > >> It should be possible to apply this same concept to copying overlay_base.dts > >> to overlay_base_base.dts, removing the "/plugin/;" from overlay_base_base.dts > >> and using an additional rule to use fdtoverlay to apply overlay.dtb on top > >> of overlay_base_base.dtb. > > > > Are you suggesting to then merge this with testcases.dtb to get > > static_test.dtb > > no > > > or keep two output files (static_test.dtb from > > testcases.dtb + overlays and static_test2.dtb from overlay_base.dtb > > and overlay.dtb) ? > > yes, but using the modified versions ("/plugin/;" removed) of > testcases.dtb and overlay_base.dtb. I really don't understand why you want /plugin/ in *any* version of testcases.dtb. > > > > Asking because as I mentioned earlier, overlay_base.dtb doesn't have > > __overlay__ property for its nodes and we can't apply that to > > testcases.dtb using fdtoverlay. > > Correct. > > I apologize in advance if I get confused in these threads or cause confusion. > I find myself going in circles and losing track of how things fit together as > I move through the various pieces of unittest. > > -Frank > > > > >> Yes, overlay_base_base is a terrible name. Just used to illustrate the point. > >> > >> I tried this by hand and am failing miserably. But I am not using the proper > >> environment (just a quick hack to see if the method might work). So I would > >> have to set things up properly to really test this. > >> > >> If this does work, it would remove my objections to you trying to transform > >> the existing unittest .dts test data files (because you would not have to > >> actually modify the existing .dts files). > > > -- David Gibson | I'll have my music baroque, and my code david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au | minimalist, thank you. NOT _the_ _other_ | _way_ _around_! http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson