On Tue, 19 Jan 2021 10:50:26 -0500 Aurabindo Pillai wrote: > Changes in V5 > ============= > > * More info in commit messages on the rationale of changes being added > to the kernel. > * Minor fixes Hi, thank you for adding the explanations in the commit messages I asked for. It is now up to DRM maintainers to determine if this is conceptually fine. I do see that apparently setting the opt-in option does not yet taint the kernel although Daniel Vetter suggested it might be a good idea. I guess tainting the kernel would make it easier to remove this feature in the future because it would be easier to dismiss people that claim a kernel regression due to the removal. Thanks, pq > -- > > This patchset enables freesync video mode usecase where the userspace > can request a freesync compatible video mode such that switching to this > mode does not trigger blanking. > > This feature is guarded by a module parameter which is disabled by > default. Enabling this paramters adds additional modes to the driver > modelist, and also enables the optimization to skip modeset when using > one of these modes. > > -- > > Aurabindo Pillai (3): > drm/amd/display: Add module parameter for freesync video mode > drm/amd/display: Add freesync video modes based on preferred modes > drm/amd/display: Skip modeset for front porch change > > drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu.h | 1 + > drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_drv.c | 12 + > .../gpu/drm/amd/display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm.c | 401 ++++++++++++++++-- > .../gpu/drm/amd/display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm.h | 3 + > 4 files changed, 382 insertions(+), 35 deletions(-) >