On Mon, Jan 25, 2021 at 05:12:23PM +0100, Miklos Szeredi wrote: > On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 3:44 PM Stefan Hajnoczi wrote: > > > This patch adds the missing checks to virtiofsd. This is a short-term > > solution because it does not prevent a compromised virtiofsd process > > from opening device nodes on the host. > > I think the proper solution is adding support to the host in order to > restrict opens on filesystems that virtiofsd has access to. > > My idea was to add a "force_nodev" mount option that cannot be > disabled and will make propagated mounts also be marked > "force_nodev,nodev". Interesting idea! Mount options that are relevant: * noexec * nosuid * nodev * nosymfollow Do you have time to work on the force_* mount options? > A possibly simpler solution is to extend seccomp to restrict the > process itself from being able to open special files. Not sure if > that's within the scope of seccomp though. I don't think seccomp can provide that restriction since it's unrelated to the syscall or its arguments. Stefan