From: Stephen Rothwell <sfr@canb.auug.org.au>
To: Christian Brauner <christian.brauner@ubuntu.com>
Cc: Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org>,
	linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org, Christoph Hellwig <hch@lst.de>,
	Alexander Viro <viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk>
Subject: Re: Dealing with complex patch series in linux-next
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2021 19:00:30 +1100	[thread overview]

Hi Christian,

On Mon, 25 Jan 2021 10:43:23 +0100 Christian Brauner <christian.brauner@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> After having received another round of acks on the idmapped mounts
> series and other fses about to move forward with porting I moved forward
> with merging [1] into my for-next branch which is tracked by sfr in
> linux-next.
> Given the nature of the series I expected there to be a good chunk of
> merge conflicts including some non-trivial ones. But there proved to be
> too many conflicts or at least a few ones that sfr couldn't handle
> without more insight into the series. So after talking to sfr this
> morning we decided to drop the tree for today.

OK, so tomorrow, I will try merging your tree really early.  This will,
at least, spread the conflict pain out for me (yesterday it hit all at
once at 4pm and added an hour to my day before I gave up).  Lets see
how that goes.

Unless someone comes up with a better suggestion, of course :-)
--
Cheers,
Stephen Rothwell