On Tue, Feb 02, 2021 at 08:25:08PM +0200, Danielle Ratson wrote: > Currently, there is no way of knowing how many lanes will be use to > achieve a wanted speed. > For example, 100G speed can be achieved using: 2X50 or 4X25. > > In order to solve that, extend ethtool uAPI with lanes as a new link > mode setting so the command below, for example, will be supported: > $ ethtool -s swp5 lanes N > > Patch #1: Update headers with the new parameter. > Patch #2: Support lanes in netlink. > Patch #3: Expose the number of lanes in use. > Patch #4: Add auto-completion for lanes. > Patch #5: Add lanes to man page. > > Danielle Ratson (5): > ethtool: Extend ethtool link modes settings uAPI with lanes > netlink: settings: Add netlink support for lanes parameter > netlink: settings: Expose the number of lanes in use > shell-completion: Add completion for lanes > man: Add man page for setting lanes parameter > > ethtool.8.in | 4 ++++ > ethtool.c | 1 + > netlink/desc-ethtool.c | 1 + > netlink/settings.c | 14 ++++++++++++++ > shell-completion/bash/ethtool | 4 ++++ > uapi/linux/ethtool_netlink.h | 1 + > 6 files changed, 25 insertions(+) Sorry for the delay, I was busy with other stuff last week and missed that with kernel part accepted, I should take care of the userspace counterpart. The series looks good to me, except for two minor issues I'll comment to relevant patches. Michal