Hi Jessica, On Wed, 10 Feb 2021 09:06:48 +0100 Jessica Yu wrote: > > Sorry, by "feature" I meant CONFIG_TRIM_UNUSED_KSYMS. This config > option was introduced around v4.7. If simply enabling it produces > these compilation errors I was wondering if it ever built properly on > powerpc. Ah, of course. So for a quick fix, you could revert just the changes to lib/Kconfig and all the defconfigs. That way all the UNUSED_SYMBOLS infrastructure is still removed, but TRIM_UNUSED_KSYMS remains (un)set whenever it used to be (un)set and that could then be cleaned up in a followup patch set per architecture when we know it works. -- Cheers, Stephen Rothwell