On Tue, Feb 09, 2021 at 07:02:23PM +0000, Dr. David Alan Gilbert (git) wrote: > From: Vivek Goyal > > As part of slave_io message, slave can ask to do I/O on an fd. Additionally > slave can ask for dropping CAP_FSETID (if master has it) before doing I/O. > Implement functionality to drop CAP_FSETID and gain it back after the > operation. > > This also creates a dependency on libcap-ng. Is this patch only for the case where QEMU is running as root? I'm not sure it will have any effect on a regular QEMU (e.g. launched by libvirt).