All of lore.kernel.org
* Final of-platdata thing
@ 2021-02-10 18:39 Simon Glass
From: Simon Glass @ 2021-02-10 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

Hi Tom,

I have the dtoc changes ready to go but I was thinking it best to
apply the driver-model updates before sending a pull request.

But that is (currently) designed to set on top of the SPL test
improvements...have you had a look at that one? I can probably
separate them if needed.

Regards,
Simon

* Final of-platdata thing
@ 2021-02-11 21:51 ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2021-02-11 21:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 11:39:54AM -0700, Simon Glass wrote:

> Hi Tom,
>
> I have the dtoc changes ready to go but I was thinking it best to
> apply the driver-model updates before sending a pull request.
>
> But that is (currently) designed to set on top of the SPL test
> improvements...have you had a look at that one? I can probably
> separate them if needed.

I think both are going to need to wait for the next merge window to
open, to start with.  So I don't have a strong feeling about needing to
split it up further.

--
Tom
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 11:39:54AM -0700, Simon Glass wrote:
>
> > Hi Tom,
> >
> > I have the dtoc changes ready to go but I was thinking it best to
> > apply the driver-model updates before sending a pull request.
> >
> > But that is (currently) designed to set on top of the SPL test
> > improvements...have you had a look at that one? I can probably
> > separate them if needed.
>
> I think both are going to need to wait for the next merge window to
> open, to start with.  So I don't have a strong feeling about needing to
> split it up further.

That's unfortunate, given the long cycle time at the moment. The test
stuff definitely came in very near the end of the merge window, but it
does tidy up SPL testing. Still, like of-platdata-inst, nothing
depends on it.

Regards,
Simon

* Final of-platdata thing
@ 2021-02-12 18:23     ` Tom Rini
From: Tom Rini @ 2021-02-12 18:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: u-boot

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 11:18:22AM -0700, Simon Glass wrote:
> Hi Tom,
>
> On Thu, 11 Feb 2021 at 14:51, Tom Rini <trini@konsulko.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 10, 2021 at 11:39:54AM -0700, Simon Glass wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Tom,
> > >
> > > I have the dtoc changes ready to go but I was thinking it best to
> > > apply the driver-model updates before sending a pull request.
> > >
> > > But that is (currently) designed to set on top of the SPL test
> > > improvements...have you had a look at that one? I can probably
> > > separate them if needed.
> >
> > I think both are going to need to wait for the next merge window to
> > open, to start with.  So I don't have a strong feeling about needing to
> > split it up further.
>
> That's unfortunate, given the long cycle time at the moment. The test
> stuff definitely came in very near the end of the merge window, but it
> does tidy up SPL testing. Still, like of-platdata-inst, nothing
> depends on it.

Well, -rc2 is Monday.  I should open -next with either -rc3 on March
1st, or -rc4 on the 15th.  I don't think I've been consistent enough, so
I should probably try and formalize opening -next the month before, so
that would be -rc3.  I hope that's not too far off.

--
Tom
> On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 11:18:22AM -0700, Simon Glass wrote:
> > Hi Tom,

> > > I think both are going to need to wait for the next merge window to
> > > open, to start with.  So I don't have a strong feeling about needing to
> > > split it up further.
> >
> > That's unfortunate, given the long cycle time at the moment. The test
> > stuff definitely came in very near the end of the merge window, but it
> > does tidy up SPL testing. Still, like of-platdata-inst, nothing
> > depends on it.
>
> Well, -rc2 is Monday.  I should open -next with either -rc3 on March
> 1st, or -rc4 on the 15th.  I don't think I've been consistent enough, so
> I should probably try and formalize opening -next the month before, so
> that would be -rc3.  I hope that's not too far off.

Yes -next is a big help. Anyway I have mostly caught up on my patch
backlog so I hope there won't be as much code to land as this time.

Regards,
Simon