On Thu, Feb 18, 2021 at 01:06:27PM -0800, Curtis Malainey wrote: > I am trying to understand the purpose of this delay currently, won't > the press already be registered since we have an interrupt? Or does it need > to stabilize? The reason is 250ms is well within human perception or even > double tap time, which results in users possibly double tapping buttons but > only seeing one press come through. It's quite common to have lots of issues with debounce on jacks, especially around insert/removal - it looks like this delay covers both insert/removal and button presses so it may well be needed for robust handling of the actual jack insert.