* who's using the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches ?
@ 2021-02-19 16:26 Peter Maydell
                   ` (5 more replies)
From: Peter Maydell @ 2021-02-19 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: QEMU Developers

Does anybody use the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches,
either occasionally or on a regular basis ?
http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/qemu-devel/list/
The admins for that system are trying to identify which of
the various projects are really using their patchwork instances,
so I figured I'd do a quick survey here. We don't use it
as an official project tool but it's certainly possible to
use it as an individual developer in one way or another.

(Personally I am in the "occasionally it's useful for finding
a patch which didn't get archived by patchew or the 'patches'
tool for some reason" camp at the moment.)

thanks
-- PMM

* Re: who's using the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches ?
@ 2021-02-19 16:51 ` Thomas Huth
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: Thomas Huth @ 2021-02-19 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Maydell, QEMU Developers, Alexey Kardashevskiy
  Cc: qemu-ppc, David Gibson

On 19/02/2021 17.26, Peter Maydell wrote:
> Does anybody use the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches,
> either occasionally or on a regular basis ?
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/qemu-devel/list/
> The admins for that system are trying to identify which of
> the various projects are really using their patchwork instances,
> so I figured I'd do a quick survey here. We don't use it
> as an official project tool but it's certainly possible to
> use it as an individual developer in one way or another.

I think it might be used by some of the ppc hackers ... so CC:-ing to
qemu-pcc ...

  Thomas

* Re: who's using the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches ?
@ 2021-02-19 18:07 ` BALATON Zoltan
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: BALATON Zoltan @ 2021-02-19 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Maydell; +Cc: QEMU Developers

On Fri, 19 Feb 2021, Peter Maydell wrote:
> Does anybody use the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches,
> either occasionally or on a regular basis ?
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/qemu-devel/list/
> The admins for that system are trying to identify which of
> the various projects are really using their patchwork instances,
> so I figured I'd do a quick survey here. We don't use it
> as an official project tool but it's certainly possible to
> use it as an individual developer in one way or another.

The "How to submit a patch" page at
https://wiki.qemu.org/Contribute/SubmitAPatch#If_your_patch_seems_to_have_been_ignored
says to send patchew URL with pings. Does that make it "official"?

Regards,
BALATON Zoltan

@ 2021-02-19 18:27   ` Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé @ 2021-02-19 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: BALATON Zoltan, Peter Maydell; +Cc: Paolo Bonzini, QEMU Developers

On 2/19/21 7:07 PM, BALATON Zoltan wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Feb 2021, Peter Maydell wrote:
>> Does anybody use the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches,
>> either occasionally or on a regular basis ?
>> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/qemu-devel/list/
>> The admins for that system are trying to identify which of
>> the various projects are really using their patchwork instances,
>> so I figured I'd do a quick survey here. We don't use it
>> as an official project tool but it's certainly possible to
>> use it as an individual developer in one way or another.
>
> The "How to submit a patch" page at
> https://wiki.qemu.org/Contribute/SubmitAPatch#If_your_patch_seems_to_have_been_ignored
>
> says to send patchew URL with pings. Does that make it "official"?

Thanks for the reminder, I updated the patchwork URL to patchew :)

* Re: who's using the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches ?
@ 2021-02-20  8:19   ` David Gibson
From: David Gibson @ 2021-02-20  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Huth
  Cc: Alexey Kardashevskiy, Peter Maydell, qemu-ppc, QEMU Developers

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 05:51:02PM +0100, Thomas Huth wrote:
> On 19/02/2021 17.26, Peter Maydell wrote:
> > Does anybody use the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches,
> > either occasionally or on a regular basis ?
> > http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/qemu-devel/list/
> > The admins for that system are trying to identify which of
> > the various projects are really using their patchwork instances,
> > so I figured I'd do a quick survey here. We don't use it
> > as an official project tool but it's certainly possible to
> > use it as an individual developer in one way or another.
>
> I think it might be used by some of the ppc hackers ... so CC:-ing to
> qemu-pcc ...

Well, I'm not.  TBH, I've never got the hang of patchwork.

				| _way_ _around_!
http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: who's using the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches ?
@ 2021-02-20  9:14 ` Bin Meng
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Bin Meng @ 2021-02-20  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Maydell; +Cc: QEMU Developers

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 12:29 AM Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:

> Does anybody use the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches,
> either occasionally or on a regular basis ?
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/qemu-devel/list/
> The admins for that system are trying to identify which of
> the various projects are really using their patchwork instances,
> so I figured I'd do a quick survey here. We don't use it
> as an official project tool but it's certainly possible to
> use it as an individual developer in one way or another.
>
> (Personally I am in the "occasionally it's useful for finding
> a patch which didn't get archived by patchew or the 'patches'
> tool for some reason" camp at the moment.)

I used patchwork on ozlabs.org heavily to track my patches of QEMU,
e.g.: update patch status to "superseded" when newer version is sent

Regards,
Bin

* Re: who's using the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches ?
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2021-02-20 11:51 ` Alex Bennée
From: Alex Bennée @ 2021-02-20 11:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Maydell; +Cc: qemu-devel

Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> writes:

> Does anybody use the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches,
> either occasionally or on a regular basis ?
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/qemu-devel/list/
> The admins for that system are trying to identify which of
> the various projects are really using their patchwork instances,
> so I figured I'd do a quick survey here. We don't use it
> as an official project tool but it's certainly possible to
> use it as an individual developer in one way or another.

Not really. My two go to archives are patchew.org/QEMU and
lore.kernel.org (which is where b4 gets it's patches from).

--
Alex Bennée

* Re: who's using the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches ?
@ 2021-02-21 16:40   ` Warner Losh
From: Warner Losh @ 2021-02-21 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alex Bennée; +Cc: Peter Maydell, QEMU Developers

On Sat, Feb 20, 2021 at 4:53 AM Alex Bennée <alex.bennee@linaro.org> wrote:

> Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> writes:
>
> > Does anybody use the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches,
> > either occasionally or on a regular basis ?
> > http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/qemu-devel/list/
> > The admins for that system are trying to identify which of
> > the various projects are really using their patchwork instances,
> > so I figured I'd do a quick survey here. We don't use it
> > as an official project tool but it's certainly possible to
> > use it as an individual developer in one way or another.

I checked the FreeBSD ports tree and found that its u-boot port was the
only one to be using ozlabs. We've not used it on the bsd-user stuff
either: that's being done in github in a repo I submitted a maintainer
update for recently.

Warner

* Re: who's using the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches ?
@ 2021-02-22  7:21   ` Greg Kurz
From: Greg Kurz @ 2021-02-22  7:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas Huth
  Cc: Alexey Kardashevskiy, Peter Maydell, qemu-ppc, QEMU Developers,
	David Gibson

On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 17:51:02 +0100
Thomas Huth <thuth@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 19/02/2021 17.26, Peter Maydell wrote:
> > Does anybody use the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches,
> > either occasionally or on a regular basis ?
> > http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/qemu-devel/list/
> > The admins for that system are trying to identify which of
> > the various projects are really using their patchwork instances,
> > so I figured I'd do a quick survey here. We don't use it
> > as an official project tool but it's certainly possible to
> > use it as an individual developer in one way or another.
>
> I think it might be used by some of the ppc hackers ... so CC:-ing to
> qemu-pcc ...

I do on a very regular basis.

>   Thomas

* Re: who's using the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches ?
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2021-02-22  7:49 ` Cédric Le Goater
From: Cédric Le Goater @ 2021-02-22  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Maydell, QEMU Developers

On 2/19/21 5:26 PM, Peter Maydell wrote:
> Does anybody use the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches,
> either occasionally or on a regular basis ?
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/qemu-devel/list/
> The admins for that system are trying to identify which of
> the various projects are really using their patchwork instances,
> so I figured I'd do a quick survey here. We don't use it
> as an official project tool but it's certainly possible to
> use it as an individual developer in one way or another.
>
> (Personally I am in the "occasionally it's useful for finding
> a patch which didn't get archived by patchew or the 'patches'
> tool for some reason" camp at the moment.)

I do on a regular basis.

Thanks,

C.

* Re: who's using the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches ?
@ 2021-02-22 13:59     ` Peter Maydell
From: Peter Maydell @ 2021-02-22 13:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Kurz
  Cc: Alexey Kardashevskiy, Thomas Huth, qemu-ppc, QEMU Developers,
	David Gibson

On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 at 07:21, Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 17:51:02 +0100
> Thomas Huth <thuth@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > On 19/02/2021 17.26, Peter Maydell wrote:
> > > Does anybody use the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches,
> > > either occasionally or on a regular basis ?
> > > http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/qemu-devel/list/
> > > The admins for that system are trying to identify which of
> > > the various projects are really using their patchwork instances,
> > > so I figured I'd do a quick survey here. We don't use it
> > > as an official project tool but it's certainly possible to
> > > use it as an individual developer in one way or another.
> >
> > I think it might be used by some of the ppc hackers ... so CC:-ing to
> > qemu-pcc ...
> >

> I do on a very regular basis.

Thanks for the reports. Do you use the features like assigning
patches to people and changing patch status, or do you mostly
just use it as a read-only archive-of-patches ?

@ 2021-02-22 14:43       ` Greg Kurz
From: Greg Kurz @ 2021-02-22 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Maydell
  Cc: Thomas Huth, Alexey Kardashevskiy, Christian Schoenebeck,
	QEMU Developers, qemu-ppc, David Gibson

On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 13:59:34 +0000
Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 at 07:21, Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, 19 Feb 2021 17:51:02 +0100
> > Thomas Huth <thuth@redhat.com> wrote:

> > > I think it might be used by some of the ppc hackers ... so CC:-ing to
> > > qemu-pcc ...
> > >

> > I do on a very regular basis.
>
> Thanks for the reports. Do you use the features like assigning
> patches to people and changing patch status, or do you mostly
> just use it as a read-only archive-of-patches ?

Only the latter but mostly because I don't have the permissions
to change status, e.g. when trying to change status of this
recent patch from Cedric to rearrange the PowerPC docs:

You don't have permissions to edit patch 'docs/system: Extend PPC section'

My understanding is that users must be "maintainer" to edit other's
patches. Only three 'maintainers' are currently listed at ozlabs for
QEMU:

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/api/1.0/projects/14/

We had a discussion about that a few months back with Christian Schoenebeck
(9pfs maintainer, Cc'd) who also uses patchworks. It turned out we didn't
quite know how to go further because of lack of documentation, but I'd be
glad to experiment the full patchwork experience if someone knows how to
do it :-)

Cheers,

--
Greg

@ 2021-02-23  6:57         ` Bin Meng
From: Bin Meng @ 2021-02-23  6:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Kurz
  Cc: Peter Maydell, Thomas Huth, Alexey Kardashevskiy,
	Christian Schoenebeck, QEMU Developers, qemu-ppc, David Gibson

On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 10:43 PM Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 13:59:34 +0000
> Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 at 07:21, Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org> wrote:

> > > I do on a very regular basis.
> >
> > Thanks for the reports. Do you use the features like assigning
> > patches to people and changing patch status, or do you mostly
> > just use it as a read-only archive-of-patches ?
> >

> Only the latter but mostly because I don't have the permissions
> to change status, e.g. when trying to change status of this
> recent patch from Cedric to rearrange the PowerPC docs:
>
> You don't have permissions to edit patch 'docs/system: Extend PPC section'
>
> My understanding is that users must be "maintainer" to edit other's
> patches. Only three 'maintainers' are currently listed at ozlabs for
> QEMU:

I can update my patch status in the QEMU project. I am not sure if
this is due to I am a maintainer of another project hosted on
ozlabs.org.

> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/api/1.0/projects/14/
>
> We had a discussion about that a few months back with Christian Schoenebeck
> (9pfs maintainer, Cc'd) who also uses patchworks. It turned out we didn't
> quite know how to go further because of lack of documentation, but I'd be
> glad to experiment the full patchwork experience if someone knows how to
> do it :-)

I personally found patchwork is really helpful for mainatiner's work.
But it looks the maintainers from the QEMU community do not use it.

Regards,
Bin

* Re: who's using the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches ?
@ 2021-02-23  9:55           ` Greg Kurz
From: Greg Kurz @ 2021-02-23  9:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bin Meng
  Cc: Peter Maydell, Thomas Huth, Alexey Kardashevskiy,
	Christian Schoenebeck, QEMU Developers, qemu-ppc, David Gibson

On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 14:57:21 +0800
Bin Meng <bmeng.cn@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 10:43 PM Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 13:59:34 +0000
> > Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:

> > > Thanks for the reports. Do you use the features like assigning
> > > patches to people and changing patch status, or do you mostly
> > > just use it as a read-only archive-of-patches ?
> > >

> > Only the latter but mostly because I don't have the permissions
> > to change status, e.g. when trying to change status of this
> > recent patch from Cedric to rearrange the PowerPC docs:
> >
> > You don't have permissions to edit patch 'docs/system: Extend PPC section'
> >
> > My understanding is that users must be "maintainer" to edit other's
> > patches. Only three 'maintainers' are currently listed at ozlabs for
> > QEMU:
>
> I can update my patch status in the QEMU project. I am not sure if
> this is due to I am a maintainer of another project hosted on
> ozlabs.org.

Yeah everyone can update its own patches but you need to
be maintainer of a project to update the status of other's
patch for this project IIUC.

@ 2021-02-23 10:24             ` Bin Meng
From: Bin Meng @ 2021-02-23 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Kurz
  Cc: Peter Maydell, Thomas Huth, Alexey Kardashevskiy,

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 5:55 PM Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 14:57:21 +0800
> Bin Meng <bmeng.cn@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Feb 22, 2021 at 10:43 PM Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org> wrote:

> > > Only the latter but mostly because I don't have the permissions
> > > to change status, e.g. when trying to change status of this
> > > recent patch from Cedric to rearrange the PowerPC docs:
> > >
> > > You don't have permissions to edit patch 'docs/system: Extend PPC section'
> > >
> > > My understanding is that users must be "maintainer" to edit other's
> > > patches. Only three 'maintainers' are currently listed at ozlabs for
> > > QEMU:
> >
> > I can update my patch status in the QEMU project. I am not sure if
> > this is due to I am a maintainer of another project hosted on
> > ozlabs.org.
> >

> Yeah everyone can update its own patches but you need to
> be maintainer of a project to update the status of other's
> patch for this project IIUC.

Ah, I see, thanks. So the question is whether QEMU maintainers want to
try the practice of using patchwork to help their maintenance work ...

@ 2021-02-23 11:09         ` Peter Maydell
From: Peter Maydell @ 2021-02-23 11:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Kurz
  Cc: Thomas Huth, Alexey Kardashevskiy, Christian Schoenebeck,

On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 at 14:43, Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org> wrote:
> My understanding is that users must be "maintainer" to edit other's
> patches. Only three 'maintainers' are currently listed at ozlabs for
> QEMU:
>
> https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/api/1.0/projects/14/
>
> We had a discussion about that a few months back with Christian Schoenebeck
> (9pfs maintainer, Cc'd) who also uses patchworks. It turned out we didn't
> quite know how to go further because of lack of documentation, but I'd be
> glad to experiment the full patchwork experience if someone knows how to
> do it :-)

If people want to try that kind of thing out I'm happy to try
to tweak their permissions on the patchwork instance.

@ 2021-02-23 11:39           ` Greg Kurz
From: Greg Kurz @ 2021-02-23 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Maydell
  Cc: Thomas Huth, Alexey Kardashevskiy, Christian Schoenebeck,
	QEMU Developers, qemu-ppc, David Gibson

On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 11:09:05 +0000
Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 at 14:43, Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org> wrote:
> > My understanding is that users must be "maintainer" to edit other's
> > patches. Only three 'maintainers' are currently listed at ozlabs for
> > QEMU:
> >
> > https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/api/1.0/projects/14/
> >
> > We had a discussion about that a few months back with Christian Schoenebeck
> > (9pfs maintainer, Cc'd) who also uses patchworks. It turned out we didn't
> > quite know how to go further because of lack of documentation, but I'd be
> > glad to experiment the full patchwork experience if someone knows how to
> > do it :-)
>
> If people want to try that kind of thing out I'm happy to try
> to tweak their permissions on the patchwork instance.

Please do for me then. My name is groug :)

Cheers,

--
Greg

@ 2021-02-23 11:54             ` Peter Maydell
From: Peter Maydell @ 2021-02-23 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Kurz
  Cc: Thomas Huth, Alexey Kardashevskiy, Christian Schoenebeck,

On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 at 11:39, Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 11:09:05 +0000
> Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 22 Feb 2021 at 14:43, Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org> wrote:
> > > My understanding is that users must be "maintainer" to edit other's
> > > patches. Only three 'maintainers' are currently listed at ozlabs for
> > > QEMU:
> > >
> > > https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/api/1.0/projects/14/
> > >
> > > We had a discussion about that a few months back with Christian Schoenebeck
> > > (9pfs maintainer, Cc'd) who also uses patchworks. It turned out we didn't
> > > quite know how to go further because of lack of documentation, but I'd be
> > > glad to experiment the full patchwork experience if someone knows how to
> > > do it :-)
> >
> > If people want to try that kind of thing out I'm happy to try
> > to tweak their permissions on the patchwork instance.
> >

> Please do for me then. My name is groug :)

Hmm. Having looked through the UI and docs I can't figure
out how to do that (or even if 'maintainer' permission is
sufficient to add other maintainers; maybe one has to ask the
patchwork instance admins to do that?). If you can tell me what
I need to do to add you to the maintainer list for QEMU I'll do it :-)

@ 2021-02-23 12:24               ` Christian Schoenebeck
From: Christian Schoenebeck @ 2021-02-23 12:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: qemu-devel
  Cc: Peter Maydell, Greg Kurz, Thomas Huth, Alexey Kardashevskiy,
	qemu-ppc, David Gibson

On Dienstag, 23. Februar 2021 12:54:47 CET Peter Maydell wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 at 11:39, Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org> wrote:
> > On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 11:09:05 +0000
> >
> > Peter Maydell <peter.maydell@linaro.org> wrote:

> > > If people want to try that kind of thing out I'm happy to try
> > > to tweak their permissions on the patchwork instance.
> >
> > Please do for me then. My name is groug :)
>
> Hmm. Having looked through the UI and docs I can't figure
> out how to do that (or even if 'maintainer' permission is
> sufficient to add other maintainers; maybe one has to ask the
> patchwork instance admins to do that?). If you can tell me what
> I need to do to add you to the maintainer list for QEMU I'll do it :-)
>
> -- PMM

We were looking into this last year, and from my (poor) understanding this is
how it works:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2020-09/msg02864.html

If somebody knows a more convenient/appropriate way, that would be
appreciated.

Best regards,
Christian Schoenebeck

* Re: who's using the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches ?
@ 2021-02-23 12:40                 ` Alexey Kardashevskiy
From: Alexey Kardashevskiy @ 2021-02-23 12:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Schoenebeck, qemu-devel
  Cc: Peter Maydell, Thomas Huth, Stephen Rothwell, Greg Kurz,
	qemu-ppc, Jeremy Kerr, David Gibson

On 23/02/2021 23:24, Christian Schoenebeck wrote:
> On Dienstag, 23. Februar 2021 12:54:47 CET Peter Maydell wrote:
>> On Tue, 23 Feb 2021 at 11:39, Greg Kurz <groug@kaod.org> wrote:

>>> Please do for me then. My name is groug :)
>>
>> Hmm. Having looked through the UI and docs I can't figure
>> out how to do that (or even if 'maintainer' permission is
>> sufficient to add other maintainers; maybe one has to ask the
>> patchwork instance admins to do that?). If you can tell me what
>> I need to do to add you to the maintainer list for QEMU I'll do it :-)
>>
>> -- PMM
>
> We were looking into this last year, and from my (poor) understanding this is
> how it works:
>
> https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2020-09/msg02864.html
>
> If somebody knows a more convenient/appropriate way, that would be
> appreciated.

Jeremy or Stephen (cc-ing) do definitely know if there is a better way.

--
Alexey

* Re: who's using the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches ?
@ 2021-02-24  0:29                   ` Jeremy Kerr
From: Jeremy Kerr @ 2021-02-24  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alexey Kardashevskiy, Christian Schoenebeck, qemu-devel
  Cc: Peter Maydell, Thomas Huth, Stephen Rothwell, Greg Kurz,
	qemu-ppc, David Gibson

Hi Alexey,
> Jeremy or Stephen (cc-ing) do definitely know if there is a better
> way.

The standard process is to send me an email :)

You're wanting to add user 'groug' to the qemu project, is that
correct?

Cheers,

Jeremy

* Re: who's using the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches ?
@ 2021-02-24  8:20                     ` Greg Kurz
From: Greg Kurz @ 2021-02-24  8:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jeremy Kerr
  Cc: Peter Maydell, Thomas Huth, Stephen Rothwell,
	Alexey Kardashevskiy, Christian Schoenebeck, qemu-devel,
	qemu-ppc, David Gibson

On Wed, 24 Feb 2021 08:29:17 +0800
Jeremy Kerr <jk@ozlabs.org> wrote:

> Hi Alexey,
> > Jeremy or Stephen (cc-ing) do definitely know if there is a better
> > way.
>
> The standard process is to send me an email :)

Is this standard process mentioned somewhere ?

> You're wanting to add user 'groug' to the qemu project, is that
> correct?

Yes. Thanks !

--
Greg

> Cheers,
>

> Jeremy

* Re: who's using the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches ?
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2021-02-24  9:04 ` Gerd Hoffmann
From: Gerd Hoffmann @ 2021-02-24  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Peter Maydell; +Cc: QEMU Developers

  Hi,

> Does anybody use the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches,
> either occasionally or on a regular basis ?
> http://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/qemu-devel/list/

Yes.  Using it as as patch archive, for example when linking to a patch
(series) in a bug tracker comment.  Being able list patches by submitter
is very convenient, I even have a link with "?submitter=<me>" bookmarked.

take care,
  Gerd

* Re: who's using the ozlabs patchwork install for QEMU patches ?
@ 2021-02-25 13:04                       ` Jeremy Kerr
From: Jeremy Kerr @ 2021-02-25 13:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Kurz
  Cc: Peter Maydell, Thomas Huth, Stephen Rothwell,
	Alexey Kardashevskiy, Christian Schoenebeck, qemu-devel,
	qemu-ppc, David Gibson

Hi Greg,

> > The standard process is to send me an email :)
>
> Is this standard process mentioned somewhere ?

No, not really. I usually let the folks who request the project in the
first place know though.

> > You're wanting to add user 'groug' to the qemu project, is that
> > correct?
> >

> Yes. Thanks !

Sure thing, done!

You should now have access to modify patch states in the qemu
patchwork. If you'd prefer to work with patchwork from the command-
line, check out the pwclient, git-pw and pwnm-sync tools, at:

     https://patchwork.readthedocs.io/en/latest/usage/clients/

Cheers,

Jeremy