On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 12:10:10PM -0500, Sven Van Asbroeck wrote: > On Thu, Dec 17, 2020 at 11:48 AM Clemens Gruber > wrote: > > > > I can initialize the values to 0 of course and check the file for other > > places with missing initializations. > > > > Or would it be better to check the return codes of regmap_read/write in > > such cases? I'm not sure. > > I think that checking the regmap_read/write return values is overkill > in this driver. These functions can't realistically fail, except if the i2c > bus is bad, i.e. h/w failure or intermittency. And that's an externality > which I believe we can ignore. > > Maybe Thierry or Uwe have further insights here. I'm a fan of full checking, but I'm not sure what's Thierry's position on that. My reasoning is: If the bus is bad and a request to modify the PWM fails because of that, the PWM consumer probably wants to know. Best regards Uwe -- Pengutronix e.K. | Uwe Kleine-König | Industrial Linux Solutions | https://www.pengutronix.de/ |