On Fri, Mar 12, 2021 at 01:30:02PM +0100, Michael Walle wrote: > The card calls set_sysclk(), which eventually ends up in the codec. > The codec therefore, could figure out if it needs to configure the > clock or if it can use its internal FLL. > Is that what you mean? Yes. > But the set_sysclk() of the codec isn't even called, because the > card itself already tries to call clk_set_rate() on the Codec's MCLK, > which returns with an error [0]. OK, so I think we need to push this down a level so that the clock setting is implemented by the core/CODEC rather than by simple-card, with the helpers being something the CODEC can opt out of.