Hi Linus, On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 09:01:31AM +0100, Linus Walleij wrote: > On Fri, Mar 19, 2021 at 4:04 PM Maxime Ripard wrote: > > > How could we put some kind of downward pressure on the clock rate to > > make it run at its minimum all the time? It looks like the PM QoS > > framework implements something similar for the bus bandwidth, except > > that it's not really a bus that have this requirement here. > > Unsolicited comment: this is similar to what _regulator_do_set_voltage() > is doing with voltages that can be expressed as linear intervals or > selectors (fixed voltage steps) when a consumer calls > regulator_set_voltage(). Thanks for the pointer :) It's definitely relevant, regulators and clocks are fairly similar in what constraints they have and how consumers would want to express them I guess. To some extent regulator_get_optimal_voltage is also something relevant to the discussion, since it will try to find the best match for the opposite scenario: a single user with multiple regulators Maxime