On 2021.03.23 16:39:36 -0300, Jason Gunthorpe wrote: > On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 08:26:30PM +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote: > > On Tue, Mar 23, 2021 at 02:55:32PM -0300, Jason Gunthorpe wrote: > > > Ideally all of this would be moved to kvmgt.c, but it is entangled with > > > the rest of the "generic" code in an odd way. Thus put in a kconfig > > > dependency so we don't get randconfig failures when the next patch creates > > > a link time dependency related to the use of MDEV_TYPE. > > > > Ideally that weird struct intel_gvt_mpt would go away entirely. But > > that is clearly out of scope for this patchset.. > > Yes.. Maybe someone from Intel will take that on, along with that > other note you had. Compared to all the others this driver is quite > twisty! > It was there for other hypervisor support, although XenGT support was never upstream, but there's also some third-party hypervisor using GVT device model. For vGPU type, it planned to be used for XenGT as well, but it turned out not to be true, yeah, I agree that should be in kvmgt.c and mdev only. Thanks to point out this. Until to clean up this, I may pick this one first. Thanks