From: Jonathan Cameron <jic23@kernel.org>
To: Greg KH <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org>
Cc: linux-iio@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: [PULL] 2nd set of IIO features and cleanup etc for 5.13
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2021 08:59:07 +0100	[thread overview]

On Wed, 7 Apr 2021 08:43:32 +0100
Jonathan Cameron <jic23@kernel.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Apr 2021 08:35:41 +0200
> Greg KH <gregkh@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Apr 06, 2021 at 10:05:55PM +0100, Jonathan Cameron wrote:
> > > The following changes since commit 9c15db92a8e56bcde0f58064ac1adc28c0579b51:
> > >
> > >   Merge tag 'iio-for-5.13a' of https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jic23/iio into staging-next (2021-03-26 12:09:47 +0100)
> > >
> > > are available in the Git repository at:
> > >
> > >   https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/jic23/iio.git tags/iio-for-5.13b
> >
> > It looks like I had a minor cleanup fix to one of the files you removed
> > from staging in my tree, but that was reasy to resolve.
> >
> > However, I got the following error when trying to push these out:
> >
> > Commit: b3c20190dd32 ("iio: Fix iio_read_channel_processed_scale()")
> > 	Fixes tag: Fixes: dc98269f7c7d ("iio: Provide iio_read_channel_processed_scale() API")
> > 	Has these problem(s):
> > 	        - Target SHA1 does not exist
> >
> > Where did that git commit id come from?
>
> There were a bunch of rebases earlier this cycle that must have crossed.
>
> Oddly the fixes checking script I've been using is happy with that
> id but it's clearly wrong.  *sigh*  I'll have to take a closer look
> at what it is doing.  Sorry about that.
>
> Anyhow, rebased with that tag fixes and I'll send a new pull in a few minutes
>
> Jonathan

As a side note on this, would you mind if I asked for linux-next to include
the iio togreg and fixes-togreg branches directly?

Might be good to benefit from the extra testing coverage that will give
before I get anywhere near sending you a pull request.
No replacement for local scripts but might pick up on when they go wrong
as happened here.

Jonathan